13 Aug 2016

All NEW Makeup on my Vanity: Sephora Haul, Drugstore & more



If you follow me on Instagram, you've probably noticed I've been enjoying my time in Spain. There's no better way than Valencia to merge beaches, aquarium, city break, beautiful architecture and shopping in one. Spain is like a meet point of all makeup around the world - from highly concentrated Sephora on every corner, to UK and European drugstores, up to Korean variety of Tony Moly. Sticking to Sephora, I've been excited to finally pick additional Too Faced pieces. I could say it's one of my favourite brands but it's a pain in the ass buying it online or finding their counter in Europe. Also, Kat Von D is exclusively sold in Sephora so I won't even lose words on that. 




My first pick was Too Faced Love Flush Long-lasting Blush in Baby Love. The packaging is just too adorable for me to pass and the shade is just a perfect neutral with golden specks. I'll be reporting soon. Too Faced Melted Lipstick formula has already impressed me (shade Marshmallow here) so I've picked out Fig, a lovely smokey mauve-rose. I'm currently in a ''purple lip phase'' so that's no surprise. In the same colour family is Kat Von D Everlasting Lip Duo in Melancholia and Susperia, two mini Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks. So far, they're pretty matte and hard to remove.
I admit, Marc Jacobs New Nudes Lipstick in Role Play was another ''pretty packaging'' purchase. The case is super heavy, luxurious, magnetic and has a nice retro vibe. Review coming soon.



Showstopper is definitely Kat Von D Shade & Light Eye Palette. It's a perfect mix of cool, neutral and warm mattes for everyday use. The pigmentation is the main reason I've considered it buying - it's out of this world. Highly pigmented, utterly creamy but still easy to blend. Although the packaging is cardboard, it's still hefty and massive to the touch. Cherry on top is her cruelty-free philosophy and her new vegan directions with this brand.


NYX Cosmetics store in the middle of the shopping district totally caught me off-guard. Although the prices were fairly high, I got a better look at all products. I've decided for NYX Lip Lingerie in Embelishment, a smokey grey-mauve (swatch is above with Sephora lippies). As of now, it's super longlasting and slightly sticky upon application. Dries into a full matte finish and it's impossible to remove without an oil-based remover. My Z-palette is still unfinished and I've decided for 2 Hot Singles Eyeshadows and 1 Prismatic Shadow. Frankly, I'm kind of disappointed with the colours. They are all pigmented but not as intense when they're blended. The duochrome or metallic sheen is not that visible as I would like.



NYX Hot Singles and Prismatic Shadow swatches without primer

Makeup Factory Glossy Lip Stylo recently got three new colours into the line. All three are vibrant and perfect for Summer. They just look happy. Formula is comfortable like a lipbalm and they're semi-sheer. Face looks uplifted and bright. They have SPF 15 and antioxidants to protect your lips. Coral Pink No.36 is a juicy pink with warm tones, Intense Coral No.11 is a punchy coral pink that revives face features and has good pigmentation. Red Coral No.18 is a nude peach and looks pretty toned down on the lips.




What's also new at Makeup Factory is their Dream Eyes Waterproof Mascara, which is a perfect company for vacation. It's truly budge-proof and it's easily worn on the beach, in the water and on humid hot streets of Spain. I have nothing bad to say about it, it's only hard to remove it at the end of the day. The mascara brush doesn't look promising but lashes are actually looking much longer, curved and voluminous. Newly released mascara is also Artdeco Long Lashes Mascara (buy online) in a stunning rose-gold packaging. Mascara wand has a typical double-rounded shape which gives length without clumps. I'm a fan of big and full lashes and this one works great in pair with another volumizing, ''more-clumpy'' mascara. It gives extra length and definition with second coat. Artdeco Strobing Fluid (buy online) is highly concentrated pearly highlighting fluid for glowy skin. I love mixing it with my regular foundation and using it as a primer. It's perfect for that extra glow and dewy, natural looking skin without heavy layers. Multi-tasking products automatically become my favourites.



At the beginning of the spring, Lancome introduced us to their new makeup and skincare novelties. Juicy Shakers overtook beauty world in a heartbeat and I must admit...I wasn't too keen on them at first. After trying my first one in a stunning punchy pink Meli Melon, I was converted. Each color has a different fruity scent. This is a perfect example of a lip oil - lightweight, super comfortable, easy to wear, scented like a fruit candy and juicy like a cocktail. Cushion applicator is just a cherry on top for an indulgent experience. It's exactly what I've imagined a lip oil to be. Works like a lipbalm but looks like a glossy tint. Lancome Miracle Cushion Foundation is an award-winning foundation with dewy finish and sheer coverage. If your skin is naturally beautiful with minor imperfections, this is a total knock out for you. If you're not familiar with Asian cushions yet, they are travel-friendly and they easily top off your foundation anywhere. Cooling sensation and buildable coverage is perfect for hot weather. This cushion also got a new golden sister - full coverage Teint Idole Ultra Cushion Foundation.




L'Oreal Paris Color Riche L'Huile Nail Polish is infused with oils and high concentration of pigments. The colour 556 Grenat Irreverent just spoke to me with deep berry and red hues. I've been applying it non-stop on my toenails and the color goes with everything. Longevity is impressive (5+ days) and the shine is mirror-like. Perfect upcoming Fall shade.


It's that time of the year. Catrice finally updated their makeup counter with new, trendy products for Fall/Winter 2016. I was intrigued by Catrice HD Liquid Coverage Foundation after hearing several good opinions about it. Fairly enough, I've tried almost every Catrice foundation and nothing seemed to impress me. I usually find Catrice foundations too heavy, uncomfortable, too heavily scented and overall annoying on my skin. On top of all, they were all too dark and oxidised on my skin after several minutes. HD Liquid Coverage is a bright exception, I actually really like it so far. It's lightweight, has buildable coverage, it's not overly scented, has a pipette, it's natural looking and comfortable on the skin. With a semi-matte finish it's even a good match on my dry/normal skintype. I only need to use a good hydrating primer beforehand. The lightest shade 010 Light Beige is just perfect for my (accidentally slightly tanned) light skin but might be a shade too dark for upcoming winter. Actually, it might be in the same category as MAC Studio Waterweight Foundation but only more matte and less dewy in finish. Score for all fair ladies!



Avon knows what's the path to my heart. It's with lipsticks. Freshly released Avon Shine Burst Gloss Sticks include 15 different shades with fruity scented core. Fruit extracts are perfect for making your lips soft, while reflective parts give that glossy finish. Formula is comfortable, easy to use and the price point of 4,50€ just can't be beaten. My favourite is Vivid Cherry, a unique warm purple-mauve. Packaging is sturdy and shiny, just what I like. I only wish they would release this line beforehand in the spring, it's calling for warm sun and fruity cocktails.





5 comments:

  1. I am desperate to try Marc Jacobs makeup line! Looks so good.
    http://www.flareaforte.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fouš za Baby Love :) Ta odtenek TF Melted lipstick mi izgleda krasno na tvojem swatchu, je tak nenavaden odtenek :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nad Nyxovimi matte šminkami sem tudi jaz ful navdušila <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. A big round of applause for the amazingly written blog.
    mirror with lights

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much for this useful article. I like it. Storage facilities in dubai

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts ♥