10 Jun 2016

New The Body Shop Skincare: Lightening Adjusting Drops, Instaglow CC & Skin Defence


The Body Shop has some sweet new launches in skincare department. With a bunch of new lines to choose from, I got especially interested in their brightening line Drops of Light. Coincidentally, my nearest The Body shop store didn't have the mentioned line. As consolation, I've picked up other new bits and pieces with light rose packaging and a bunch of interesting promises.



First of is The Body Shop Skin Defence (22€ for 40ml, check online), multi-protecting essence with lightweight formula, antioxidants, UVA and UVB protection and most importantly, SPF 50. Sounds like a dream come true, a lovely addition to your everyday skincare regime. Skin Defence truly delivers lightweight texture like water and still feels ultra light on the skin. Kind of mattifying but still comfortable. Essence is just the right name for the texture. It also gives a bit of glow, which is not too obvious in hot, humid weather. As of now, I pretty much love it. Perfect for everyday use as it has antioxidant properties to protect from pollution. Cherry on top is brightening effect - with red algae and vitamin C, skin gets brighter, even and more healthy looking with time. I highly recommend it to all my fellow sensitive skintypes, leaning towards hyperpigmentation and dark spots.





Again, I was seduced by the word glow and bright. The Body Shop Instaglow CC Cream in Bright Glow ( 15€ for 25ml, check online) is exactly the product I have imagined. It's a seriously multi-tasking primer before makeup. It gives subtle glow, protects with SPF 20, reduces appearance of pores and moisturises the skin. And I agree with most of the statements. It's quite a perfect combination of healthy glow and shine reducing product. I know, it sounds contradictory. Once you apply it on your skin, face looks subtly illuminated but still shine-free. The shimmery particles are minimal and almost undetectable. Just a slightly visible glow and optically perfected skin is just what I want for summer. It feels super light on the skin and it's easily layered before foundation and after your regular moisturiser. Also remember, it has no tint like usual CC creams. There are three glowing shades in the range: bronzy Warm Glow, pinkish Bright Glow and warm Peachy Glow.




Can you see a hint of pink glow on the left side?

And now onto the true main star! The Body Shop Lightening Shade Adjusting Drops (14€ for 15ml, check online) are very important in my makeup routine. Pale as a ghost, most of foundations don't match my skintone. I've tried everything - from Makeup Revolution, Barry M, Stargazer and other white foundations. No formula was absolutely perfect, until now. The Body Shop nailed just the right consistency, colour density and light texture. Just a drop or two is enough to enlighten a shade or two darker foundation. Note, that Shade Adjusting Drops feel like a lightweight foundation and don't interact with your primary finish of foundation. Also, the pigmentation is dense enough to lighten with small amounts. Perfect! I usually find white foundations too cakey or too liquidy to easily mix into foundations every day. In fact, Lightening drops are actually pink based - for a more natural look to your foundation as solid white isn't the most natural looking colour for your face. Pink tone doesn't really interfere with foundation's undertone. I actually stocked up with another bottle, just in case.



The left side of my hand is covered with only The Body Shop Shade Adjusting Drops. You can get an idea of the pigmentation density. It's not fully pigmented but rather has a medium coverage. Texture itself on the right side is pretty similar to liquid foundations.



I'm more than pleased with all picked items. I cannot live without Lightening Shade Adjusting Drops anymore, while I could maybe skip Instaglow CC Cream (it's not a life-changing product). Skin Defence is just perfect for my skin needs, as it promises to eventually (after 4 weeks) brighten my skintone and also protect from further melanin accumulation.

25 comments:

  1. I keep seeing those Shade Adjusting Drops and I need them in my life. I'm so fair and it's near impossible to find good foundation matches!

    Wendy | Fashionable Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. The glow cc cream sounds amazing!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a range that I need in my life! Anything to fake a glow and illuminate hehe <3 x

    zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adjusting Drops se odlično berejo. Jaz imam tudi Stargazer belo in mi je absolutno pregosto in presuho. To pa res izgleda kot tekoča podlaga, ki se verjetno odlično misa z vsem. A drugače nimaš nobene podlage, ki bi ti bila dejansko perfect match brez dodajanja belih podlag? Mene trenutno izjemno navdušuje Missha Perfect Cover BB - 21, mi popolnoma paše in se prilagodi mojemu odtenki :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much for the lovely review~ I need to find a The Body Shop store right now!! It's so great!!!!
    After checking the store's website, I only find Skin Defence T.T

    gmail sign in

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really really love your writing style. keep moving bro. hotmail iniciar sesión

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found lots of interesting information here.Great work.

    Licensed Moneylender

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for providing such wonderful info. Box Office update is what I like the most.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

  10. Awesome post Thanks For Sharing People also like this
    HOW DOES UBER WORK I really really appreciate this article


    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing post. Thank u so much for sharing with us.
    Latest Jobs for BE/B.Tech Pass (IT) Govt jobs

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you for the information provided, we are waiting for the next info

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts ♥