2 May 2013

How I store my Pigments and Depotting


I prefer pigments in jars.
 I almost always depot my baggie pigments into jars.
Searching for clear container in right size can be quite a pain. 
However Born Pretty has different sizes, types for less than 12-6$ and free shipping.
I usually go for set of 12 individual containers or 25 container (5 stuck together).


 I usually use the 5-stack containers for mixing up lip colors with Sleek Pout Paints.
Or for similar color family pigments- in this case for lighter shades from Darling Girl.
These jars can easily fit sample baggies, mini jars or even full size eyeshadows.
It comes in a convenient box with departments which can be taken out for more space.
I usually store in the box my already ''jared'' pigments for better overview.


 The 12 containers is just right up my alley - shades can be separated.
Size is a bit smaller- can held pigments out of sample or mini jar (up to half of spoon).
The box that comes with it is a bit insecure for travelling though.


DEPOT PROCESS
There's something about depotting- It's a real treat to depot an eyeshadow and get a better look at it.
Also it's much easier and cleaner to use it straight out of a jar than a baggie.


I cut off a small bit of baggie and shake the pigment out in a jar.
Then I took a toothpick and scrape everything that's left in the baggie through the opening side.
Can get a bit messy but less than through the opening side.
In this case I used Luxe from Darling Girl.


You can tell there's a lot of product for a sample bag.
You can easily get more than 12 uses out of it.
Frankly I doubt I would use the shade as often if I left it in the bag.


I also take off the sticker and place it wherever I can.


You can get 25 containers for about 12$ HERE.
The individual 12 jars are 6$ HERE.
I highly recommend these jars if you're looking for anything similar.
You can store nail accessorises, pigments, depotted lippies, blushes, samples, foundations.
I might take a stack of foundations with me when I go travelling.
You can use 10% code in Born Pretty store.

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I will do swatches of indie brands soon, hopefully :D

      Delete
  2. Really great idea! Looks so much easier to see all the pretty colours too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate trying to use pigments from the bags, get it everywhere! I always depot, but have never thought of cutting the corner (so much easier) thanks for the tip (^_^)

    P.S i nominated your blog for The Versatile Blogger Award, if you wish to take part all the info is here http://shellsenseless.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/the-versatile-blogger-award-notd.html (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, thanks for the tip!

    btw, I've tagged you there check it out ^^

    http://milkyrabbit.blogspot.it/2013/05/tag-behind-scenes-of-blogging_2.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I like the five stacking column! I store my pigments in a similar manner, in a slotted craft box meant for beads. I used to have them on the side, but it got somewhat messy, especially when I moved across the country. When I unpacked them, pigment was everywhere! D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's the downside :( they can be really messy. the column is okay but pigment gets in ridges when you open it.
      Hope I won't have to travel with them! :)

      Delete
  6. Such a clever idea! thanks for the great tip. I barely use pigments because they are so messy but I could definitely use this idea for the few that I do have :)x

    Amina || Blog: Oh just one more ||

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great idea and very neat way to store them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to learn from you! Your storage is so good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty blog you have :D I love these storage ideas and the pigments are so pretty xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have great collection of pigments :) I prefer stone-a-like make up more, but this looks so beautiful :)

    My nail polish blog nails-and-more.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts ♥