5 Jun 2015

Burberry Kisses


A while ago, Burberry Beauty promote new lipstick line Burberry Kisses through nifty Twitter action. Luckily, a fellow UK blogger nominated me to try out a luxurious mini size of Burberry Kisses. This little guy travelled entire Europe with the help of my closer relatives, to whom I'm eternally grateful to watch over a lipstick mini with so much care. Being somehow happy with my previous Burberry lipstick here, I was anxious to try their new formula. Sophisticated packaging was as promising as my initial expectations but the product itself is nothing more than average. Why? Formula is indeed, ultra lightweight and comfortable to wear. It has a buildable formula so the pigmentation is pretty sheer to enhance natural beauty, which is also the main Burberry Beauty concept. However, lipstick itself is nothing spectacular for whooping 35,25€ price mark in Europe. Sure, it's comfortable and buildable but that's about it. Thankfully, they've decided to get rid of strong flower scent. Longevity and finish, again, as an average creamy lipstick. Other than that, there's not a single standout property to be worth splurging.






I got shade called Nude Pink, which is indeed a nude with pink tones. Actually, it's a perfect mix of MAC Creme Cup and MAC Hue. Light warm nude as Hue but with additional pink notes to make it a bit more wearable. Pretty and versatile for every day but already seen.



What more can I say? Burberry Kisses is a comfortable, creamy lipstick line with buildable colour. I really like it but I don't love it. The thing is, I always search for at least one standout property to justify hefty price tag. If you're having some spare money, than by all means, try Burberry Kisses. If not, you can easily find similar texture in the drugstore. It reminds me a bit on Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Glossy Sticks but with less glossy finish. Burberry Kisses retail for around 35,25€ on FeelUnique.

7 comments:

  1. The shade is pretty, but I admit that I have a hard time spending too much money on lipsticks. I feel like that is the one product that is pretty easy to duplicate in drugstore brands. But that packaging is pretty!

    Wendy | Fashionable Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. These lipsticks look so lovely, and the shade you have it beautiful!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pics ^^ I liked the sample too but I do agree, that you can find something similar without the hefty price tag

    zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that lipstick shade, looks gorgeous on you. I'm a sucker for packaging, and burberry lipsticks are right up my wishlist. Great pics.

    Sam|| Beautydetour

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moja reakcija je identična. Moram reči, da mi je šminka super in sem jo že veliko prenosila, ampak lahko brez problema isto formulo za vsaj 3x nižjo ceno najdeš. Meni se L'Oreal Caresse šminke zdijo precej podobne. Pa še enkrat hvala za 'nominacijo'! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts ♥