22 Oct 2012

DIOR Rouge Dior lipstick (786 Mysterious mauve)

 I was always terrified wearing a purple lipstick although purple is my favorite color.
But OH my, that instantly changed since the day I tried one myself.
I started with some lighter shades first (NYX Power) and slowly progress to this BEAUTY.
I have to admit, Dior never caught my eye since the packaging is so...boring?
I love the navy blue color but it can't even compare to YSL golden amazingness.
However I do really like the famous 3D ''moving'' CD imprint.
This was a kind gift from my sis for my birthday, she always knows how to spoil me!
The lipstick itself is really moisturizing like it claims (Voluptuous care) and has a slight shine on the lips.
It's buildable coverage and can be used like a stain or full on dark fuschia with purple and blue hues.
 The color looks quite scary in the tube but transfers a lot lighter. 
It has a ''granny lipstick'' smell and glides on the lips like a dream.
L to R: 1 swipe, buildable color
The color is just stunning and I have nothing like it in my collection
Dupes? I would dare to say it's quite close to NYX Black label Black orchid or Mac Violetta.
I also wore this lipstick in this post HERE.
Up to down: 1 application, multiple applications
All in all it's an amazing lipstick which I personally didn't even notice (shame on me).
I just wasn't into Dior make-up.
But after pointing it out (thank you sister) I fell in LOVE!

REPURCHASE: Yes
RATING: A+

What's your favorite lipstick? Will you wear purples in autumn/winter?

15 comments:

  1. I don't think I'd dare to try purple lipstick, especially since it looks so scary in the tube, but this one looks really great on your lips! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try...especially now when you have purple hair ;)

      Delete
  2. OMG how gorgeous. I've fallen in love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too,you should check it out by their counter :D

      Delete
  3. That's what I thought when I looked at the first pic- Violetta dupe, only prettier! I love it!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Violetta was on my list...luckily we don't have Mac nearby ;)

      Delete
  4. I'm a purple girl so that lipstick is just WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The swatch is a killer! This lipstick is like PERFECTION in a tube!
    Following you now! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ta šminka je pa res ful lepa! Tudi jaz si nisem mislila, da mi bojo kdaj vijolični odtenki všeč, letos bi pa samo te nosila. :D

    Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely colouuuuuuurs :D

    http://dtmakeupgirl.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, fantastic colour!
    but wait, where's ur piercing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got rid of it since my profession should be ''piercing free''.

      Delete

I would love to know your thoughts ♥