1 Nov 2013

Makeup Empties and other Bits #4

 So let's start!
I've had my previous Empties post in June here .
Of course I use up a lot more skincare/body products but not all are worth mentioning or don't want to repeat myself.
Let just focus on makeup and nail polish empties and bonus skincare/bodycare stuff.


Essence Maximum Definition mascara
It's a perfect dupe for L'oreal False Lash Telescopic. Bristles are rubber and mascara wand is long and thin. Performance is okay but gives great results combining it with volume mascaras. I would say it gives length rather than volume.
Repurchase: Maybe
L'oreal False Lash Telescopic mascara
I was disappointed comparing it to the older Telescopic mascara. It was one of my favorites by far but the new version is average. I quite liked it when it got a bit drier but still - in combination with other volumising mascaras. Hell of a lot of money for an average mascara- 12€!
Repurchase: Maybe, on offer
Essence Get Big Lashes mascara
I already mentioned this mascara as one of my favorites at the moment. However I think the pink version from Essence took it's place.
Repurchase: Already did
Alverde Brow Gel in Blond
I love it for quick and easy brow definition yet it serves great as a topper over pencils or eyeshadows. This tube lasted me for 4-5 months.
Repurchase: Already did
Essence I love Rock pencil
Awful eye pencil - stings the eyes, worse sharpening ever, too soft and smudgy.
Repurchase: No
Nyx Taupe blush
Ahh, my love <3 This baby was well loved by me and my sister. In fact, I had to order 3 new ones for my entire family. I used it as a contour, blush, eyeshadow, filling brows. However new Taupe blush was reformulated and I'm quite disappointed- no pigmentation and a warmer shade. Anyone noticed?
Repurchase: Already did
Essence Gel liner London Baby
I think this is the second gel liner from Essence I'm throwing out. I can't bare the texture and sheer pigmentation. Maybe it's just me...but I do love Catrice Gel liner.
Repurchase: No (discontinued)


My Beauty Diary Earl Grey Tea & Macaron Sheet Mask
These masks are the best- in fact, I'm already waiting for my next mixed sheet mask package. I love the scent, their effect and the whole non-messy procedure. I generally hate masks but I can bare with a cloth on my face. In general My Beauty Diary is the best- especially the Black Pearl mask.
Repurchase: Definitely yes
Holika Holika Shimmering Petit BB cream
I swear on Korean BB creams. My sister loved the watery version so I wanted to try the shimmering version. I actually layered this one before my foundation and it really brightens the face. Texture is a bit heavy but I can't complain for 5$.
Repurchase: Yes
Artdeco Perfect Teint Illuminator
An okay pink-toned concealer for under the eyes. Would definitely recommend.
Repurchase: Maybe
Elf Powder brush
This brush was perfect for buffing liquid foundation but unfortunately the bristles are shedding out like crazy. Kind of breaks my heart.
Repurchase: Maybe


Revlon Lip Butter Cotton Candy
I actually finished a lipstick over a long period of time! Lip butters are great and the shade was a no brainer for on the go.
Repurchase: Maybe, other shades
EOS Summer Fruit lipbalm
Cute, smells divine, easy to use.  I'm not totally satisfied with moisturising effect and third of the lipbalm fell through the packaging so technically you can't use all of it.
Repurchase: Maybe
Dr.Organic Pomegranate lipbalm
Hardest lipbalm ever. Smells like wax and I couldn't bare to use it up.
Repurchase: Never
Lip Smacker Coca Cola lipbalm
Lip Smackers have always the best scents. They are spot on so you can imagine how this smelled like. Not great for chapped lips but okay for using it now and then.
Repurchase: Yes, other flavors
Hard Candy Plumping Serum gloss
It's a mini version from their set. It's actually a nice plumping lipgloss with cake/vanilla scent. The shade was a gorgeous milky-pink.
Repurchase: Yes, if I could
Blistex Moisture Max lipbalm
Ordinary lipbalm with moisturising bits. I actually liked it but reminds me on lipgloss textures and the expiration date was short.
Repurchase: No


Essence Movin On nail polish
Okay grey color for everyday. I love Essence nail polishes in general.
Repurchase: Discontinued
Manhattan 65K nail polish
Lovely raspberry shade but I hate Manhattan's texture and bottle. They dry up fairly quickly so I'm not a big fan.
Repurchase: No
Avril Lavigne perfume Forbidden Rose
Classic floral/fresh scent but not my cup of tea. It was a nice addition but I prefer vanilla/sugary scents.
Repurchase: No


Alverde Sensitive Chammomile Emulsion
Another great cleansing product from natural brand Alverde. I really like these emulsion type of cleansers since they don't dry up my skin. They smell divine but I actually prefer the calendula one.
Repurchase: Yes
Lush Eau Roma water
Lush skincare is amazing but I just can't deal with their staff. If you love rose scents this one is for you.
Repurchase: Probably not
L'oreal Micellar water
Another one of my favorite micellar waters along with Bourjois. The bottle is horrendous and you need quite a lot of product but I can't justify Bioderma prices.
Repurchase: Already did


Neutrogena Visibly Clear cream
This is a great addition with some sort of acid that helps preventing blackheads and spots. It actually works if you apply it every day....but I think I found a better solution. La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo is actually AMAZING!
Repurchase: No
Cera di Cupra Sensitive cream
Thick cream with rose scent. Another natural brand I like to use over night. It's a really thick cream but doesn't break me out. I need extra hydration for my dry skin so this one is perfect.
Repurchase: Yes
Garnier Anti-Dark Pigment cream
It suppose to correct pigmentation but I didn't notice any visible effects on my freckles. A waste of money, a waste of time.
Repurchase: No
Balea Lightening Dark Pigments cream
On the other hand, Balea surprised me with their correcting cream. It contains some sort of acid and vitamin C to eliminate dark pigmentation. I actually noticed a slight difference which is a huge impression for 5€. We'll see how it runs on longer period.
Repurchase: Already did


Afrodita Jojoba Oil shower oil
One of the best shower oils in the drugstore. I even compared it to my L'occitane Almond shower oil since it gives similar effect and even nicer smell. Smells like vanilla cupcake-almond. A great purchase for such a low price!
Repurchase: Yes
Balea Mandel cream oil
A similar product to Afrodita but lower quality. It's actually not an oil but a plain creme but I do find it a bit more moisturising than regular shower gels. Scent is nice too- almondy sweet.
Repurchase: Maybe
Lush Snow fairy shower gel
My must have for Christmas. I buy it every year and the medium size bottles always last whole year.
Repurchase: Yes
Alverde Cellulite Body oil
Not really sure about it- just another body oil with strong citrus scent. I like the idea.
Repurchase: Maybe
Bath&Body Works Cherry Vanilla body lotion
Body lotions from B&B always smell divine and they sink in quickly. You can probably imagine this delicious scent.
Repurchase: Yes, if I could


Schwarzkopf Gliss Ultimate Oil Elixir
Leave-in conditioner that easily detangles my wet hair. I use this one or Dove religiously after every wash. Smells delicious too.
Repurchase: Yes
Swiss O Par Silver Shampoo
Amazing purple shampoo for blondes from the drugstore. I highly recommend it for 3€ since it's well pigmented and effective for brassy tones in blond hair.
Repurchase: Already did
Lee Stafford Bleach Blondes Shampoo
This purple shampoo surprised me. It's a lot lighter than the other one but way more warmer/pink shade. It's actually quite effective since purple/pink works great for white hair. Of course it leaves a slight cast but I don't really mind it.
Repurchase: Yes, but only on offer 

I'm actually really proud of myself this time. I used up some make-up which is always hard if you have loads of it. 
Do you like these kind of posts?

17 comments:

  1. I love Balea and Essence. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont worry! When Spring/Summer gets here again I'll get you another bottle of Cherry Vanilla lotion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ta Afroditin Jojoba oil gel je tudi meni ful všeč, res lepo diši. :) Čeprav se mi je en mesec nazaj na potovanju razlil po kovčku in je potem vse dišalo po temu šamponu in mi ni bilo več tako všeč. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ojej, enako se mi je zgodilo z modrim šamponom ;)

      Delete
  4. A res so Taupe reformuliral? :O Ni mi blo treba še novga kupvat, sm pa že nekaj časa nazaj slišala, da ga bodo discontinual (ne znam slovensko :D). Očitno so "samo" formulo spremenili.
    In meni se je isto s tem elf čopičem zgodilo ;/ Pa tako dobro mi je služil.
    Pa taki posti so mi všeč :)

    Deja Zu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, Taupe ni več enako dober, še barva je drugačna :(

      Delete
  5. I'm a massive fan of the revlon lip butters, really can't get enough of them! I'm usually a bit wary of brights but because these are so sheer even the garish of colours look ok on me!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vau koliko porabljenih stvari!:)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nikoli ne bom razumela znamk, ki ukinejo ali pa spremenijo formulo zelo popularnim izdelkom. :/
    Jaz tudi lip smackerje kupujem zaradi vonja, vanilijev mi je najljubši. :)
    Si bila pa zelo pridna teh ekaj mesecev, porabila si ogromno izdelkov. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stvari kot so maskare, balzami, linerji grejo hitro pri meni :D mi je že kar malo smotano kupovati vedno na novo hehe;)

      Delete
  8. Eno vprašanje glede Schwarzkopf Gliss Ultimate Oil Elixir, kakšen je občutek na laseh po uporabi? Imaš občutek, kot da bi bili mastni/naoljeni ali ne? (Malo hecno vprašanje, ne znam ga prav oblikovati.. Upam da vseeno razumeš, kaj mislim:D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. niti ne :) samo bolj mehki so in se takoj razčesejo. Probaj mogoče od Dove če se bojiš da bi lase preveč mastil :)

      Delete
  9. Ful dobr post! Mene tale šampon za blond lase res ni prepričal ne vem, pa sm jih sprobala že kar nekaj pa mi je tale najmanj všeč!

    Tale Gliss kura za lase je pa <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alverde olje proti celulitu res ne dela čudežev, ampak meni pa malce napne kožo - zdaj pa ne vem a zaradi masaže al dejansko zaradi olja :D Mi pa lepo diši, tako da ga kar naprej kupujem :)
    Gliss Oil Elixir moram pa sprobat za konice če praviš da je kul :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts ♥