31 Jul 2013

Quick and Easy Mermaid Hair

I've been freakin' obsessed with mermaids lately.
You can actually find my previous mermaid inspired make-up here.
Now I even decided to put some extra color in my hair.
I'm pretty sure this has something to do with my cravings over the sea this year.



I know...you expected some major difference since I'm mention mermaids so much.
I decided to do an easy ombre effect with a bright blue-turquoise.
This little pastel chalk (2,17$ here) made it happen. 
It's basically a standard hair chalk in 029 Helio turquoise.
How to use it? Wet your hair, apply it directly on the hair, blow dry to stabilise it.
It's super pigmented and appropriate for dark hair too.
It washes off with first shampooing so it's not a permanent change for those of you who are more formal.
It can stain blonde hair for an extra wash or two.
I didn't notice any staining of the clothes however don't risk with white clothing.


I got my hair chalk from Born Pretty Store for 2,17$ which is almost absurd.
You can also use a 10% off code: KGL91
This will last up for about 10-16 uses and it's available in huge amount of colors.
Rating? I have to say it's a pretty fun, nifty thing for Summer.
Born Pretty Store has also lots of amazing, affordable nail polishes- I'm already eyeing yogurt (HERE), feather (HERE) and holographic effect (HERE). They are pretty much a perfect dupe for higher end nail polishes.

Which color would you choose?

24 comments:

  1. Your hair looks gorgeous! I love the look and sound of these chalks, amazing colour! Love your hair so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post! i have used hair chalk before and it's great for temporary colour ^^

    found your blog via twitter - #bbloggers

    glad i did!
    new follower!
    come check out mine if you'd like to :)
    http://zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    Zara (Bows and Pearls)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gosh! Looks so beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Idk what color I could ever do for my hair. It would prob neat to do black tips. :p I had it dyed that way once, b/c my dad thought it would look cool, haha. P.S. -- Lovely entertainment center!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried it on my sister's dark brown hair and it did transfer blue! I think you can easily get any kind of chalk in craft stores - it's basically the same :) thank you :*

      Delete
  5. As I have black hair I wanna try the blue/red one .. looks great on your hair too..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so amazing! Wonderful :3

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a really pretty colour ! It looks really nice on your hair !

    ReplyDelete
  8. O super! :) Mene tudi včasih prime da bi si malo popestrila lase s kakšno modro, pink ali vijolično, ampak se še nisem opogumila. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your hair here xx

    www.poptartsbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kako lepo, prava barva za poletje:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. HUDO! Full mi je všeč ta color dip <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should try Color Bug by Kevin Murphy, it is really cute and they have a lot of colors! I got one recently in pink and i adore it. Great post!

    www.cestunejolievie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh your hair is gorgeous... I love it, and have serious hair envy right now :D <3 xx

    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tolk dolgo se že spravljam naročiti te krede, ampak se mi ne zdi da bi karkoli pasalo na mojo rjavo barvo :/ Amazing zgleda na blond in črnih laseh, na rjavih pa... meh :/
    xx, moonchild beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Itak da bi :) Oljne barve z Arta prav tako veljajo! ;)

      Delete
  15. Great color. I like your hair color, too, it's perfect for colorful highlights.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love it , hopes it can show on nearly black hair

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts ♥