13 Sept 2012

Catrice & Essence (new LE) haul and swatches

Is it just me or are the cosmetic companies coming out with more and more Limited edition collections?
It's quite a pressure to get them nowadays since they fly off and on the shelves so quickly!
All the renovation of the Catrice and Essence regular line doubled up all the troubles finding collections.
In general I'm not really impressed by the new collections.
Since Revoltaire-Catrice and Snow white-Essence...I wasn't too keen on any of them.
But I manage to find some jewels after all.
The searching makes it fun right? 

Catrice Cucuba LE Salsa Cubana nail polish- a bright coral shade.
I hate loose eyeshadows so the whole collection was a bit so-so.

From Essence Cherry blossom girl LE I picked out only Asian sensation blush- honestly only because of the design. 
The color is great for fair skin (up til' NC25) and it's really SIMILAR to Benefit Coralista- HERE.

From Essence Wild craft LE- another polish and eyeshadow in 03 Mystic lilac.

Catrice Hollywood's fabulous 40's was a highlight with lovely matte-velvet lipsticks.
I picked up Gone with the wind blush and C04 The Nude scene lipstick .

The blush itself is gorgeous!
However not my color since I'm really fair.
But I had to have it since it has an interesting design and no color like it- reddish pink that comes out matte on the skin.

I did pick up some extras in the drugstore.
MNY isn't avaliable here so I grabbed the chance and got a Maybelline set of 3 products under 8,5€.
I also picked out regular Essence eyeshadow- 58 Cappucino, please!- suppose to be a lovely dupe for Mac Shroom.
And some other bits like glittery top coat Circus Confetti and Maybelline Anti age effect concealer.

From renewed Catrice line caught my eyes NEW eyeshadows Plum up the jam and I like to mauve it.
Don't you just love the names?
I like to mauve it has slight fallout and it's a mettalic rose mauve.
Plum up the jam lacks pigmentation but it's worth because of the color- plumy purple with gold shimmer.

Both Catrice lipsticks I picked out:
- 190 The nuder the better (regular line)
Neutral nude that's slightly pink and doesn't wash out,similar to Mac Hue.
Seems to be really popular with german beauty junkies.

Hollywood's fabulous 40s LE C04 The Nude scene 
Light baby pink nude, similar to Gosh Darling but more matte and slightly darker.
Really wearable shade- would be my favorite nude lipstick but the velvet finish puts me a bit off.
L to R: 190 The nuder the better, C04 The nude scene

 Swatches of eyeshadows and blushes together.

L to R: Essence 03 Mystic lilac, MNY 429, Essence Cappucino,please!, Catrice I like to mauve it, Catrice Plum up the jam, Essence Asian sensation, Catrice Gone with the wind

Hope it's helpful if you're planning to buy anything from recent collections.
What caught your interest?

8 comments:

  1. Dober haul :)

    Essence Asian sensation blush je tako lep <3 Sem ga tudi sama kupila, perfekten je za bledo polt :)

    Kje si pa Catrice Hollywood LE našla?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catrice Hollywood sem našla v Avstriji,Seiersbergu. So malce hitrejši kot mi ;)

      Delete
  2. Same lepe stvari si kupila :)
    Učerej sm šla čez svoje šminke in ugotovila, da mi primankuje svetlejših odtenkov. tile dve si bom zapisala. blusherja sta ful lepa! :)

    xo Deja
    Deja Zu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. potem si upaš da imaš same temnejše odtenke! :)

      Delete
  3. Kje pa si to kupila, ker sem iskala Maybelline Anti age effect concealer, pa ga nikjer ne najdem pri nas? Kaj je pa tisto v rdeče-beli embalaži? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Concealer sem kupila na žalost izven naše meje:/
      Verjetno misliš MNY lipgloss ki je temne slivove barve in zelo pigmentiran. Mi je izgleda ušel pri swatch-ih :)

      Delete
  4. What a great haul! I've always wanted to try Catrice products too. Enjoy Cappuccino, Please! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got some great new goodies! I need to try out more Essence products! They are hard to find here in the US, especially LE Collections! :(

    <3 Kirstie

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts ♥