14 Mar 2015

Perfected Lips for Spring

Ever wondered what's your best solution to hide and perfect your chapped lips? I'm not talking about treatments nor potions or lotions that could help with chapped lips. I'm talking about sunny days or special occasions where you can't pull off a bright lipstick due to painful situation, but you still don't want to look like a mess. Yes, I've tested them all on my chronically dry lips and they've passed the test. Now, the main thing I need to point out is, that flaky or chapped lips won't feel nourished after certain mentioned products are gone away.


Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil Raspberry (Limited Edition, 16€, Clarins counters) is one of the best innovations I've come across for Spring. Not only it feels luxuriously rich and balmy, but also makes your lips look nourished. Fun, chubby cushion applicator just makes the whole thing really enjoyable. I was never attached to my lipgloss stash but this is a whole another story. Scent is absolutely delicious. like raspberry candy. Comfort Oil doesn't leave any color or stain. If you're more keen to honey, there is also a permanent Comfort Oil in Honey. Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector (18€, Clarins counters) is a long time staple in my stash. It soothes the lips, leaves a milky nude shade and literally perfects your lips. There's no stickiness, only a pillow soft  texture. Etude House Plumping lip tint (7,60€, Jolse) offers jelly texture with a bright pink tint. This particular product left me speechless with first try. It has a special rubbery scoop as applicator which works wonderfully. Once the jelly is on your lips, it gives a menthol cooling sensation without stinging or plumping. Lips look perfected in terms of seconds. YSL Rouge Volupte Sheer Candy (32€, YSL counters and FeelUnique) is another high-end product. Clearly, innovative and comfortable products have their price. While Sheer Candies are not the most hydrating products on the market, they do make your lips look like melted candy. They are easy to use and apply as a tinted glossy lipbalm. Catrice Beautifying Lip Smoother (3,80€, Catrice counters) is like a nourishing lipgloss. They leave a hint of color, while they are still comfortable. They don't last on your lips longer than an hour but ''on the go'' application is a simple task. I love them as an affordable drugstore option, however, they're not on the same quality level. Still, for a fair price, you shouldn't miss out on them.


What are your picks for this Spring season? Any recommendations?

4 comments:

  1. I have had a few of those days where I cant wear a bright or matte lipstick because my lips are super chapped... Thank you for these great recommendations..

    Annie | www.drugstoredreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. To hide chapped lips I am the same as you, I go for something glossy and hydrating! Anything creamy or matte just sticks in an unflattering way.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sami super izdelki <3
    Ti pa priporočam od Dvorec trebnik-a vanilija balzam za ustnice. Moja prva zima, ko moje ustnice niso suhe, pa ga nanašam samo zvečer in zjutraj po kremi ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lip oil sounds really beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts ♥