29 Mar 2015

Burberry Lipsticks Worth the Hype? And FREE Mini Lipstick Burberry Kisses

As a self-proclaimed lip junkie, I had to try at least one of ever-so-famous Burberry lipstick. With some extra help from my international friends (in particular Beauty Sketch by Jacq), I managed to grab Burberry Lip Cover in Primrose Hill Pink. Highly impressed by Burberry lipstick? Not really.



High hopes and major anticipation made me dream about Burberry makeup for months. Excitement was raising up until the last few moments of opening Burberry luxurious packaging. Perfectly weighted metallic lipstick tube and magnetic closure made everything already worth the wait. While I didn't care about texture and quality at that moment, I most certainly took product itself into consideration after a few weeks. Lip Cover is known by high pigmentation and a perfect mixture of longevity and hydration. I'm afraid this line was discontinued a while ago, but was replaced by totally new Burberry Kisses lipstick line. In my case, #30 Primrose Hill Pink is a coral-pink-red, leaning more towards coral side on my skintone. Truthfully, texture is hydrating and super creamy but nothing exceptional. It's comfortable yet the strong floral granny-ish scent bothers me with every application. It's luminous and enhances your lips but shade itself is pretty dupable. Average longevity and creamy finish left me cold hearted. Let's just say I'm in love with the packaging and impact this lipstick has.





Overall, I think I might got too excited over Burberry lipstick line beforehand. I perfectly understand Burberry's philosophy of enhancing natural beauty with their beautiful campaigns. While I adore Pale Barley eyeshadow (review here), I'm not too fond to their lipsticks. If Burberry was more widely available, I'm pretty sure I would snatch a lipstick or two more. By being so unreachable to my side of the Europe, I can't even bother to look at Lip Velvets or Lip Mists. However, I'm excited to try a free sample version of Burberry Kisses. You can still nominate a friend or two on Twitter for a free sample of Burberry Kisses lipstick here (only UK addresses).
You can still find Lip Cover on Harrods, Nordstrom, John Lewis from 25-30€.

9 comments:

  1. This colour is beautiful, it suits you beautifully and its so perfect for Spring! I was nominated last night so I'm super excited to receive my sample :)

    alice x | beautybyalicee | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this colour looks so lovely on you, and I have to agree the packaging is to die for it’s so luxurious :) I have to agree I wish they were a lot more accessible, can’t wait for the mini :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful color, looks fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can be so disappointing to get a high end product and for it not to live up to the hype! It is still a lovely shade, regardless. x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sucha lovely shade and gorgeous packaging.

    EricaRosa Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. KOOOOOOK si luškanaaaa, paše ti jeans noro! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prekrasna barva, take so mi ene izmed najljubših :) Zelo ti paše <3 Mene pa te high-end znamke kot so Burberry, Charlotte Tilbury in podobno sploh ne pritegnejo.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts ♥