14 Apr 2015

KIKO Haul: Rich Mauve Browns



It's like I'm still stuck in last year's Autumn, seriously. With early Spring trip to Italy, I had to put my nose into a giant KIKO store right after I equipped myself with a MAC shopping bag. With guilt on my shoulders and previously mixed feelings for KIKO Cosmetics, I still managed to grab a thing or two in season-not-appropriate colours. Instead of picking bright and light shades, I went with old trusty rich browns, with a hint of mauve. Feeling like a proper rebel now.


KIKO Cream Crush Long Lasting Eyeshadow - 03 Mat Light Mahogany (6,90€, online)
Cream Crush Eyeshadows are freshly baked cookies at KIKO stores. No, they're not food but highly pigmented mousse cream eyeshadows with long lasting effect. Truthfully, cream eyeshadows are one of the among things I truly like from KIKO. Cream Crush pots are creamy, almost fluffy and mousse-like while they set and don't budge for hours. A big like from my side, I wish I've could have picked a couple more - 04 Mat Taupe and 01 Pearly Vintage Rose in particular. Negative aspects? You need to blend them quickly and efficiently.


KIKO Long lasting Stick Eyeshadow - 05 Rosy Brown (6,90€, online)
Highly praised by beauty community, I had to check out what's all the fuss around them.  Rosy Brown seemed like a perfect cool brown with rose undertones and lots of shimmer. Frankly enough, these are super creamy and highly pigmented with one swipe but they do crease a bit. Not a lot, it sort of seems like the color payoff somehow disappears with blending action. They do set quite well for an pencil eyeshadow and I like to top Rosy Brown with powder eyeshadow. They give a lot of dimension with layering but they're not my first call for individual use.



KIKO Unlimited Stylo Lipstick - 13 Cocoa (6,90-5€, online)
In the store, I was convinced I'm buying the most creamy balmy lipstick ever. I was so impressed by it's creaminess and color payoff, I had to have it immediately. Applied on the lips, it was a totally different story. I should have pay more attention to the description in the store but blurred beauty blogger's mind isn't really functioning in beauty stores. With first creamy swipe on my lips, lipstick started quickly to change into a solid matte finish. With a bit of leftover stickiness and fully matte lips, I was pleasantly shocked. It's still comfortable yet matte. Leaves a familiar stickiness as all ''moisture mattes'' but it's not really that disruptive. In general, I still really like it (KIKO Velvet Matt on the other hand left me disappointed) and it's a perfect Cocoa matte color for cold season (scarf was a ''must'' accessorise in this swatch, okay?).



In general, KIKO Cosmetics can be a hit or a miss. I've been struggling with some of their lipstick formula's (Velvet Matt) but I love their cream eyeshadows, bronzers and eyepencils. I also love on trend collections and gimmicky products. For face products, let's just say I'm not totally familiar with base items but I'm left cold hearted looking at their blushes. You can shop KIKO Cosmetics online with affordable shipping costs.

22 comments:

  1. The Cream Crush looks amazing! Too bad we don't get Kiko here. :(
    That aside, I love your product background! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my...too bad. Although you're not missing anything spectacular, I'm sure you can find a similar shade in Korean makeup.
      I kind of hate this background but looks okay from the distance (bokeh effect) :)

      Delete
  2. O, to senčilo v lončku se sliši zelo zanimivo. :)
    Imam pa dve Kiko senčili v stiku in sta mi zelo všeč, tudi samostojno, ampak če nanesem preveč mi malo zlezeta v gubo. Bi pa imela še vsaj 2 odtenka. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. KIKO is a brand that has been raved about alot! I have always been interested in try their products but have never gotten around to browsing through their store. I love the lipstick on you :)

    EricaRosa |A Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard so much about Kiko, but haven't owned so far any of their products. Cause I'm more interested in concealers, foundations, primers, powders - maybe you can comment about their quality with few words. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Foundation range from 6-19€, for that money you can get way better quality in drugstore. As for primers, I've tried one and I threw it away. It started to clump in rolls after I applied regular foundation. Stick with eye,lip makeup instead :)

      Delete
  5. Tole kremno senčilo me pa zelo mika :) Res bi mi prav prišlo več rjavkastih mat odtenkov.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vse tri bi imela:) Cream Crush Eyeshadow - odličen odtenek. Kako se ti zdijo v primerjavi z Maybelline Color Tattooji?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...hitreje se posuši, bolj prekriven, manj silikonast in mousse tekstura. Meni je čudovit, včasih uporabim tudi samo za v ''crease'' in lepo počaka.

      Delete
  7. KOK JE LEPA ŠMINKA!

    Aaaa!

    Sem izbrala podobno, samo še objavo spišem! :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Se že veselim, sem radovedna kaj si izbrala :)

      Delete
  8. Like eyeshadow stick the most.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prva slika mi je še vedno top :D To šminko sem razmišljala, če naj jo vzamem namesto Velvet Mat Strawberry Pink, pa sem se bala da bo pretemna, ampak na tebi mi je zelo všeč :). Maybe I made a mistake? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tale je že bolj hladna kot Strawberry Pink, dangerous place for you. Ne vem zakaj so se mi tako zamerili s tem Velvet Mat, pomoje me moti embalaža :D

      Delete
    2. You're right ˇˇ. Meni je pa embalaža tako kul :D

      Delete
  10. Haha I am totally still stuck in Autumn too! Can't seem to get enough of mauves and nudes. I love your description of the Cream shadows as 'freshly baked cookies' - so cute! Really loving the shade you chose it in too!

    Sinéad xo ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post. I truly enjoy your blog and I have just followed it on bloglovin :))
    makeupforlunch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You picked up some lovely products! I really want to try their cream shadows, too.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Čudoviti izdelki vsi trije :) kmalu grem v Benetke in mislim da imajo tudi tam Kiko trgovino .. jo moram nujno obiskati! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts ♥