22 Jul 2012

My bronzer collection + bronzer shades for fair skin

I was always BRONZER-terrified since I'm really fair.
But after trying out loads of bronzers despite my fear I narrowed them on 5 that work for me.
Although I do like each one of them I still don't use bronzers very often.
I prefer blushes and since I have a huge blush variety, bronzers seems to be the least interesting.

For an all over glow and bronzed look I usually use Wet'n'wild Everything under the sun and Vivo baked bronzer shade 3
They are both really shimmery and the Vivo one show up only on NC10-20 skintone.
Since Vivo is so light I can also use it as a highlight when I'm tanning.
They don't make me orange and I get loads of compliments when I wear any of them.
I apply them with powder or stippling brush.

For contouring I always reach for NYC Sunny bronzer and NYX Taupe blush.
They are enough light for my pale skintone and don't look orange at all.
Seems like they're perfect match for me, using NYC in the summer and NYX in the winter.
NYX Taupe is slightly more ashy and cooler than the typical warm bronzer.
However, you have to be careful and light handed with the application.
I use MAC 109 brush for both of them.

The newest addition is the Lush Charisma Skin tint which I'm already in love with.
It's a lovely contouring liquid-gel like bronzer with tiny shimmers which aren't visible on the skin.
It blends out really nicely and I can see it being suited for almost any skintone.
My only problem is the packaging which can get quite dirty.
Seems to be a nice cheaper alternative to the Soleil tan de Chanel ?!
I like it using under or over my liquid foundation with Real techniques Expert face or Sephora Mineral powder brush.

SWATCHES
from L to R: Lush Charisma blended, Lush Charisma heavy swatch, NYC Sunny, NYX Taupe, Wet'n'wild Everything under the sun, Vivo bronzer 3

All in all I would highly suggest to take a look at Lush Charisma Skin tint since it's a really innovative bronzer. Snow whites should keep an eye on the NYX Taupe blush.
Which one is your favorite?

7 comments:

  1. Looks like great makeup, I could do with a bronze up ;)

    Rose x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very fair and cool toned and LOVE to contour, so this was super helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you find it helpful. we fair girls need some good bronzers too! :)

      Delete
  3. Hey, if you want, check out my blog www.nessa-mae.blogspot.co.uk, If you like it follow on GFC and Bloglovin, and I’ll follow back xx – Vanessa Mae

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't stand shimmery bronzers but I keep hearing great things about that NYC one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to try NYC sunny, but can't find it anywhere! :( Nyx taupe looks like a very nice cool-toned bronzer for my fair skin. :) Have you tried using it as an all-over bronzer, or just for contouring?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blogs makeover by the way! Cute kitty! Love your picture, you so pwetty! :) tehe <3

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts ♥