4 Nov 2015

Yet Another Overnight AHA Miracle: Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Creme Review & Test


Ole Henriksen, a pretty unknown US skincare range in eastern and middle Europe, could be easily ranked between most effective natural skincare on the market. It's widely sold and familiar in US, of course, while UK and Scandinavian part of Europe are already aware of Ole Henriksen success. Effectiveness is similar to Paula's Choice and skincare results are promised with regular use. It's based around botanical ingredients, it's natural and certainly against animal testing. Ole Henriksen can be ordered worldwide online through Escentual while I was privileged to test out new Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Creme, a potent night treatment for retexturizing skin with AHAs.


Invigorating Night Creme is packed with glycolic, lactic and multi fruit AHAs to retexturize the skin, while primrose oil and shea butter give that extra kick of nourishment. It should visibly reduce small wrinkles and smooth out your skin until the next day. These are the main benefits for this particular night creme. Now, you all know sometimes the claims aren't on the same level as actual skin improvements. I've been testing this little night miracle for over 2 months by now and truth to be told, I'm still debating on the actual visible results. I've truly started noticing results in this time of the year, cold weather and indoor heating. The thing is, that the texture and actual feel on the skin is glorious. It has a lovely, gel-like consistency that's light and blends like a dream. It sinks into the skin in terms of minutes while leaves a pleasant layer of acids. Invigorating Night Creme should be carefully applied, especially around eye area, as it mildly stings with AHAs. Scent itself is pretty herbal and reminiscent of granny-like skincare.




I'm not very familiar with examining ingredients in skincare, but my initial impression is not that bad. I don't like the sound of alcohol and some other silicones on the top of the list, but I understand they're responsible for a pleasant, non-sticky texture. Other than that (and stabilisers), I like the sound of added acids and botanical extracts. As far as the results go, my dry skin feels in the morning quite plump and healthy looking with shine (which is a good thing on my dry type). Nothing extraordinary but rather nourished and not dry at all. I specifically noticed improvement with my flaking dry nose area in this time of the year. I don't feel any tugging in the morning as usually without a proper nourishing night cream, and my skin texture also improved tremendously. It's indeed, smoother and with less bumps and small imperfections. Pores are still visible so this is probably best for mature skin, normal/combination types while dry skin would probably get the most out of it. Oily skintypes would probably enjoy light texture and glycolic, lactic and fruit AHAs as well. Due to light, spreadable texture, you only need half of pea size amount for the entire face. Creme will last for a good few months in this case.





If I recap everything, Invigorating Night Creme truly retexturizes your skin and improves all in all nourishment after a good night sleep. I haven't noticed any improvement in terms of pores but I don't feel my usual morning tugging on my face. Primrose oil and shea butter are actually the main ingredients for extra nourishment besides many acids in this night creme. I can't say much in wrinkle department as I'm still gathering them up. This is easily compared to famous Vichy Idealia Skin Sleep (also sold on Escentual, review here), if not better in natural ingredients department. Ole Henriksen is available at Escentual, where Invigorating Night Creme costs around 66€ for 50ml and can be bought here. I admit the price is way out of my student budget to repurchase, but if Ole Henriksen surprises with continuous use, I'm willing to put this brand value sets on my future radar. Still, the price is pretty high for what it is and is definitely categorised as a luxury brand for ladies with regular income.

8 comments:

  1. I have seen many bloggers lately reviewing Ole Henriksen products and surprisingly all of the reviews sounds amazing! It really triggers my 'Go get it' button haha Only down side is the price, but I might have to close my eyes on that... hehe Thank you for yet another great and detailed review, hun xx


    Indre,
    www.curvyliciousme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe try Vichy Idealia Skin Sleep instead, it's half of the price and quite effective as well :)

      Delete
  2. I love Ole Henriksen. I've just ordered the The Works gift set from Feel Unique. Their Collagen Boosting Truth Serum is one of my favourite products.

    Roxie | The Beautiful Bluebird

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely! I love the Truth serum but I'd die to try this night creme! It's just their prices that bug me haha. xo

    Klaudia // klaudiam96.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe with their sets - to try out bit by bi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaz si full želim kaj sprobat, samo je cena malo huda :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard nothing but good things about this brand, I'm sure all the products are wonderful! Lovely review dear! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, jaz še vedno sanjam o njihovem Pure truth youth activating oil. Tisti sample size, ki se ga lani dobila v LF beauty box je bil ravno dovolj, da me je čisto navdušil...Škoda, da cene niso malo nižje :/

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts ♥