21 Feb 2013

Makeup and skincare empties #2

After some long period of trying to use up my hit-pan makeup products I finally managed to scrape out the last bits to do a proper makeup empties post. Of course I had to thrown in some skincare as well but avoided shower things- it would overflow my room too much.
What's worth repurchasing?
Revlon Photoready foundation
It's nice dewy sheer-medium foundation with almost unvisible particles. Nothing majorly promising but not bad either.
Repurchase: If it's on offer
Revlon Colorstay foundation
Full coverage, matte finish and hard to blend out. Definitely worth to be patient at blending- can look cakey if not blended or used too much.
Repurchase: YES
Bath&Body works Skulls hand sanitizer
Great little mini travel buddy- use them all the time. This particular smells like fresh apples.
Repurchase: YES but different scents

Urban Decay Primer potion
Great primer for my oily eyelids- but found a cheaper version Etude House Proof 10 eye primer.
Repurchase: MAYBE
Too faced Shadow insurance
This one went bad just too quickly and the eyeshadow still creased on me.
Repurchase: NO
Physician's formula Felt tip liner
Standard felt tip liner- dried up too quickly, color looked too greenish, couldn't use it over eyeshadows.
Repurchase: NO
Maybelline Gel eyeliner
My favorite gel liner with one mistake- dries up a bit too quickly but lasted me up to a year. The brush with it is extraordinary for lips and eyeliner. It's not avaliable in Slovenia.
Repurchase: YES (if I could)
Essence Get big lashes waterproof mascara
My favorite mascara so far! Excellent at holding the curl, super cheap, volumising and lenghtening. The only 2 things that bother me: dries up really quickly (1-2 months) and removes in clumps/pieces.
Repurchase: DEFINITELY

Manhattan Shimmering Pearlmutt highlighter
An oldie but a goodie.This one lasted me AGES (got sick of it and looks yuuuck) and can be comparable to Jemma Kid All over radiance creme. Has a similar mousse-y texture and blends nicely but there's so much more highlighters on the market these days.
Repurchase: NO

Hawaiian Tropic lipgloss- Island berry
This sucker lasted me over 2 years! Smells yummy, not sticky and gives nice glossy finish. However, it tastes horrible and can slip easily around your mouth. But great for summer since it has SPF.
Repurchase: NO
Labello Fruity shine lip balm- Pomegranate
Smells like real pomegranate, gives out a lot of red color and it's moisturizing. This buddy didn't get enough love so it went bad before I had the chance to use it all up.
Repurchase: MAYBE
ELF Conditioning lip balm
Crappy, slippery lip balm with artifical smell.
Repurchase: NO
Blistex Lip relief cream
Helps every time. Cools down, leaves a white cast and smells minty. Always a necessity for winter.
Repurchase: YES
ELF Luscious liquid lipstick
The crappiest lipgloss I ever had and totally un-hygenic.
Repurchase: NO
Isadora Jelly Kiss shine lipstick- Coral punch
My favorite lipstick is gone! I think I'm going to cry. Amazing jelly formula, vibrant pink color and lovely magnet packaging- A+!
Repurchase: YES (when I use up some more lipsticks)
17 lipstick- Beehive
This one totally surprised me with empty bullet- such an effortless nice color (MAC Hue dupe) and glossy finish. The packaging is rubbish though.
Repurchase: YES (if I could)

L'occitane Amande pomme concentrate
Discountinued cream with smell of the Almond shower oil. It's a nice cream but not worth the money.
Repurchase: NO
Lush Imperialis face creme
Soothing, lightweight creme with hydrating properties for mixed skin. Also discountinued.
Repurchase: NO
Bebe Sensitive skin cream
Ordinary face cream, nothing special for the low price. Didn't break me out.
Repurchase: MAYBE
Decleor Harmonie calm cream
Quite thick consistency, really moisturizing but again- at higher price range nothing special.
Repurchase: NO
Afrodita AHA for dry skin cream
One of my favorite creme for night time. It has fruit acids so it can sting a little bit at first. I did noticed smoother skin, less pigmented freckles and glowing skin. I'm afraid it can be bought only at saloons.
Repurchase: YES (already on my 2nd container)
The Body shop Carrot creme
Another discountinued product- dissapointed with the texture and smell. Did nothing for my skin.
Repurchase: NO

Bourjois Micellar cleansing water
Amazing, cheaper DUPE for Bioderma micellar water- just as good, cleanses waterproof mascara and doesn't sting the eyes. Already on my 4th bottle!
Repurchase: DEFINITELY 
Bourjois Express eye makeup remover
Oppose to micellar water- this is horrible. The bottle is too big to mix the remover, spills everywhere, unpleasant on the skin.
Repurchase: NO
Afrodita AHA foam
I loved this lightweight foam as a prep for my AHA cream. You can get similar foams at the drugstore. I think this also caused an allergic reaction (my 2nd bottle) on my face- so no go.
Repurchase: NO

Asian sheet masks
All of these were great! I love the cooling effect, plumped skin and the handy wear of these. However I would only repurchase My beauty diary masks- especially Black pearl sheet mask.
Repurchase: ONLY My beauty diary

L'occitane Bergamote body milky mist
This mist was actually really moisturizing and handy when you don't want to bother with lotions!
Repurchase: MAYBE
Dove Slik glow body lotion
Gives a golden sheen to your skin but nothing amazing. I'd rather stick to my Nuxe shimmer dry oil.
Repurchase: NO
La Sultane de Saba body lotion- Turkish delight
This was a gift from my best friend (from Italy). The most luxurious body lotion I have ever tried! No stickines, hassle to wait to sink in. Smelled like sweet delights but after an hour it turned into a flowery scent. Perfection!
Repurchase: YES (If I could)

How do you use up your make-up?
I find using up my make-up quite a hassle but it's worth at the end.

18 comments:

  1. great empties post! MBD masks are GREAT! and i agree on the bourjois make up remover, it really isn't good :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the warning sign appeared when I saw it in your empties :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, that was a mammoth amount of emties! Great post x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Essence maskara gre na wishlisto! Jaz sem tudi ta teden znova odkrila Beehive in Coral Punch v moji zbirki in iskreno povedano so mi veliko bolj všeč kot Revlonvi lip butterji in L'orealove Rouge Carese. Beehive se dobi na eBayu. Sem ravnokarkar gledala da jo bom še enkrat kupila in so pa zamenjali embalažo, tako da je zdaj črna z mini ogledalcem.
    Aja, pa hvala za nasvet glede Nuxovega olja. Briljanten je za pod puder, prav mega glowy efekt naredi. I'm in love :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja super da so zamenjali embalažo! :)
      Sem vesela da ti še koristi na en način!

      Delete
  4. A se Bourjois micelarno razstopino dobi v naših trgovinah? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, jaz ga kupujem v L'eclercu- drugje še ga nisem zasledila. Poglej še mogoče v Tuš drogerijah :)

      Delete
  5. I love Empties posts! Thanks for including whether you would repurchase it or not!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just picked up the Revlon Colour stay foundation today.. excited to try it now! Definitely will be careful about cakey-ness after reading this :)
    Nicee empties post! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! So many empties!
    Great post. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many empties! I really want to try the Maybelline gel eyeliner, I've heard great things about it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to start doing Empty posts. They're so good and instead of just throwing them, I should do mini reviews.

    Great post!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wau koliko porabljenih stvari! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to get that Essence mascara! Essence "I love extreme" mascara is really good you should definitely try it! :)

    FeelBella

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! I noticed that you would buy the maybelline gel liner and 17 lipstick if you could...shall I add this to my list of things to buy you ;-)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Essence Get big lashes waterproof mascara my favourite one too!!!! I adore it, I've used up at least 5 or 6 of them, is my must have inside of my 'makeup basics bag'. Amazing blog! regards from Spain :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts ♥