19 Oct 2011

About freckles: Eucerin Anti-pigment creme

Sometimes I fell such a jerk, when it comes to my freckles. I really wish I wouldn't have them and I'm always on a search for products that may help me with this issue. A lot of people say comments like: ''Oh my gosh, your freckles are so cute'' or '' I wish I had some freckles on my face''. Believe me people, there's no fun having them. I'd rather have a bunch of acne on my face than freckles. At least it's treatable in some way.
As I said, I tend to make my freckles less noticeable so I came over the Eucerin Anti-pigment creme which promises to banish pigmentation on the face in 4-8 weeks.


HOW IT WORKS AND FOR WHO?
As we all know, pigmentation is caused by too much melanin on certain area. That includes freckles, age spots and other pigmented marks. Eucerin Anti pigment creme helps to reduce the appearance of pigmentation with DIOIC ACID but doesn't completely remove them. Dioic acid reduces the amount of pigment and slows down melanin synthesis. That means that it inhibits skin melanin to make more pigmentation and it evens out the complexion (skin tone).
With SPF 30 + UVA also protects from the sun on the daily basis. It's also really hydrating and a good make-up base.
It claims this creme is perfect for women with pigmentation and those over 40-50 with age spots.


PRICE RANGE
Price is quite high for a moisturizer with 50ml - 26€ in the pharmacy. There's not a lot of pigmentation reducing creme that really work so I understand price point. Bottle is also porcelain with a good functioning pump so that's a part of the price too.


MY OPINION
Where to start...
As a moisturizer: My skin is feeling really soft afterwards and it's literally glowing. Looks really hydrated, but I combine it with a hydrating serum. The consistency is quite liquidy so it's perfect to mix it with serums.

As a make-up base: A great make-up base. As I said, skin looks hydrated (almost at the border of oily, but that's good for my dry skin) and the foundation applies and spreads out easily.

As an anti-pigment treatment: I did notice a difference after 2 weeks. My freckles became much more lighter and less noticeable as stated on the bottle. People also asked me if I wear a foundation (when I didn't) which is quite a good result. The only downfall: Freckles become the same when you stop using the moisturizer and you're on a sun light for a long time (in the summer). So I don't bother to use Eucerin Anti-pigment in the summer, cuz' it's almost pointless. I use it only in the winter, fall and maybe spring.
I don't think this product can impact on your actual tanning ability but it can make your entire face skin a bit more lighter (I didn't notice though).

OVERALL
It's a good product. I like the fact that it has an SPF+ UVA protection, it's lightweight, hydrating and a perfect make-up base. The dioic acid and anti-pigment function is just a really great bonus for my skin. Eucerin has never let me down, including this product.

Rating: 3,5 out of 5 (I'd like to see better and permanent results on my freckles)

Hope it helps,

11 comments:

  1. Nice review, very helpful. Do you have the ingredients? Never heard of dioic acid...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are the ingredients: Aqua, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium Iminodisuccinate, Sodium Carbomer, Propylparaben, Octadecenedioic Acid(Dioic acid), BHT, Parfum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,After reading you site, Your site is very useful for me .I bookmarked your site! Hey very nice blog!! Man .. Beautiful .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds also…I am happy to find so many useful information here in the post, we need develop more strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

    pigmentation removal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a great review on the product. My dermologist told me to get this and I got it right away without checking any reviews so I am truly glad to have come across your page.

    I have a question tho - do you have any clue why my dermatologist told me to use this product only at night?

    If you do know, pls share. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dermatologist recommended it only at night because your skin can get quite sensitive on the sun due to the acids inside- I use AHA fruit acids only at night. However this creme has spf 30+UVA so you can use it daily like me (be careful in summer).

      Delete
    2. Thanks a million. Have a great holiday season.

      Delete
  5. Hi,

    This is the best product I have ever used - I purchased it in France when I was living there and then had bottles shipped here - but as of now I cannot find it ANYWHERE including online! Can you please direct me to where I can buy it?

    Thank you so much!!!!

    Elisa
    bensfielde@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. skin Plus is a beauty consultant specializing in medical aesthetics in Delhi. To find out more about skin pigmentation treatments in Delhi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am 18 years old and can I use this product?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts ♥