24 Apr 2011

Smokey burgundy-plum look (with Mac Trax)

I love plum colors on my fair skintone.  Great to use instead of plain black eyeshadow to create that smokey effect. I went out last night so the occasion was perfect to use my Trax (I've been neglecting it for a while).

under the room light

Trax is such a lovely color! It's a burgundy-plum purple color with gorgeous copper like shimmer. I guess I like it cuz' of the shimmers, they give such a nice touch to the color. Looks more neutral friendly and it's not too purple. You already know I swear on neutral eyeshadows.

Trax is on LEFT in 2nd row

How to create this look?
1. Prime (UD Primer potion + NYX jumbo eye pencil-Lavender)
2. MAC Trax all over the lid + smudge the edges with shader brush (Sigma E60)
3. Add a deep brown to the crease (mine is from Manhattan palette Rosewood effect) with the same brush + blend it with blending brush(Sigma E25)
4. Form an desired edge on the outer corner with a wet cotton pad
5. Add highlight (Manhattan palette Rosewood effect) on the brow bone with a large fluff brush (Sigma E50)
6. Add Trax to the lower lash line with the same shader brush
7. Line eyes with gel eyeliner on the upper and lower lash line (mine is Maybelline Lasting drama gel liner-Black)- remember, lower lash line should be lined a bit softer
8. Apply mascara (L'oreal Telescopic)

I hope I inspired you to have fun with your plums :)

6 comments:

  1. gorgeous...u have such a gorgeous face and hair...love them...love thiimakeup....never get right the flick...dammmmmnnn...:)
    and tnx for sharring the quiq nail tip.....fab....im always ina hurry
    kissessss hun
    gabri

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing :) the color looks gorg! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, a bit late but anyways...I was browsing through the Internet for plum smokey eye looks and stumbled on to your blog. Thanks for the tips, I recently got Trax and can't wait to use it for plummy smokey eye look!:D May I ask what are the other eye shadows on the quad I'm especially interested in knowing the name of the second one on the right hand side? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by :) The eyeshadows are from top left: All that Glitters and Shale. The lower row is Trax and Blackberry. Have fun with Trax, it's one of my favorites!

      Delete

I would love to know your thoughts ♥