7 Apr 2011

NARS Orgasm blush - Review & Swatches


FIRST IMPRESSIONS
Firstly, I was a bit skeptical. I couldn't decide to buy it or not. The color of Orgasm seemed to me in the pictures pretty much like a dream come true. HOWEVER, the price was a bit repulsive, especially here in Europe.

THE PACKAGING 
Nars comes in a sleek, velvety packaging. It feels like rubber but softer. Does collect dirt and stains. The color itself and the logo look sophisticated and expensive.

POWDER BLUSH ITSELF 
The color itself is DIVINE! It's even prettier in person than in pictures. Basically it's a warm toned pink with golden shimmers. The texture is sheer but it's quite noticeable on my pale skin. I'm amazed how well this powder stays on and how easy is to work with. It stays on for a whole day (okay, not whole day but pretty much up to 8 hours and color looks gorgeous on the sun.

- natural light,without sun


L: 1 application  R: 2-3 applicartions, buildable
 - on the sun 



L: 1 application  R: 2-3 applications, buildable
ALTERNATIVES
There are some cheaper versions of Orgasm as I've heared. The most comparable one is Bourjois 33 (Lilas D'or) blush and the Milani (Mai Tai). They're not the same but similar. I don't own any of them, so I can't compare them though.

FINAL THOUGHTS
Yes, it's an expensive blush. I needed a lot of time to decide, whether to buy it or not. So I did bought it for myself as a treat.


What's your favorite blush? What's your opinion on Nars Orgasm? I would love to read some of your comments and thoughts.

7 comments:

  1. As much as I love it I don't really reach over it as much I as I do for my mac blushes :( I still love it though! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its such a pretty shade :) Love it. thanks for reviewing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, krasen je! Imelaaaa... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only got mine a few weeks ago too but love it and cant believe i'd ignored nars blushes before you'll end up hooked and wanting more shades haha x

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha:D i feel the same..i'm already looking at their other blushes and famous laguna :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nars looks so much like Mars make up brand. I personally prefer the first. Hope you visit back :)
    www.swampedinflowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. now i know why many of the beauty bloggers put this on their wishlist (including me lol)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts ♥