10 Apr 2015

Tone Adapting Nude: MAC Faux Lipstick with Dupes


MAC Faux Lipstick was hard to catch, let me tell you that. It was almost mission impossible if I take into consideration all the praises Faux got recently. So, I've been patiently stalking my nearest (abroad) counter and managed to snap one of the last few there. This hyped up mauve nude is truly what I expected it to be. Slightly darker rose with a perfect balance of mauve and grey. The tricky thing is, that Faux looks like a brown-rose based nude in the bullet but surprises once applied.


Faux is just right up my alley, a perfect version of my natural lip color. Honestly, I was a bit confused about my MLBB lipstick shade, I could never really determinate my natural lip tones. It all makes sense now...this is it! It's slightly cool toned but still warm and rosy. Wild enough, Faux actually looks brown rose in the tube but transfers on the lips in a totally different way. Once on the lips, it's a lighter and ashier version of herself. With a Satin finish it looks almost matte but it's still creamy enough to be universally likable. I can totally see Faux being an ultimate favourite by all skin types - including cooler and warmer undertones. I assume Faux ''adapts'' to the same tones as your natural lip color. In my case (neutral tone with a hint of cool undertone) it transfers as an ashy pink mauve shade.



DUPES

Here are the closest matches for MAC Faux lipstick. Essence Cool Nude and NYX Matte Lipstick  Whipped Caviar are the closest dupes, while Catrice Ultimate Stay Mauve Your Lips is a tad sheerer and cooler. Whipped Caviar and Cool Nude are slightly warmer in the tube. Faux has a lot of similar siblings in the drugstore but nothing is really spot on due to previously mentioned ''tone adapting ability'' to your own natural lip color. While some drugstore dupes look like a perfect match in the swatches, they translate totally different on the lips than Faux. For example, Essence 05 Cool Nude looks a perfect swatch dupe for Faux, but looks way too warm on my skintone hereDo you get what I'm trying to say? 



MAC Faux (Satin) is a lovely addition to my recently overflowing nude collection. It's easily dupable but still transfers totally different on your lips due to ''tone adapting ability''. In this case, Faux will also probably look different on various skintones. I recommend trying Faux on your lips before purchase as it might translate cooler or warmer than expected. Mac lipsticks retail for around 21€ on MAC counters.

15 comments:

  1. Great dupes, they're all perfect!

    Meg ♡
    http://mynameis-meg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous colour! You're so right, it would be so flattering for so many skin tones! Nice work finding such exact dupes too :) It seems quite similar to 'Captive' by MAC too!

    Sinéad xo ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kako je lepa na tebi <3 Jaz imam občutek, da tak odtenek ne bi izgledal niti približno tako dobro na meni. In zopet dokazuješ, da si ena izmed najbolj blogerjev s tvojimi primerjavami :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dupes are so spot on! I picked up the Essence shade just yesterday, so I'm glad to hear it's a dupe.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Odtenek je res lep! Meni osebno so takšni bolj nežni bolj pri srcu :)
    Ti pa res lepo pristoji :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful color and great dupes! Going to check these out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the shade! It really suits you! You've found some great dupes, definitely going to check some of them out as I get too overwhelmed in MAC by all the choices

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice shade! How have I not heard about it before?!

    Young London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm...maybe it's outshined by Brave, they are really similar :)

      Delete
  9. I'm still in search of a MLBB lipstick. Maybe this will be it! It looks really great on you.

    - The MakeupMama

    http://TheMakeupMama.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great on you! Love your pictures xx

    www.curvyliciousme.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zadnje lase ves čas nosim takšne odtenke :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the look of Faux and looks lovely on you :) Definitely need to add this to my collection. I can’t get over how similar it is to NYX Whipped Caviar, fab review :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vol de photo > http://babillages.net/2015/04/17/5-dupes-de-rouge-a-levres-pour-lete/#3

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts ♥