20 Jan 2014

My Top Picks of 2013

The closure of 2013.
You can check my previous picks of 2012 here.
Now let's go down to the business!

HAIR
Still didn't have much luck in hair department but I found a really nice affordable purple shampoo for silver hair. Still trying to find my perfect conditioner and mask.

Shampoo: Swiss O'Par Silver shampoo
Conditioner: /
Hair oil: Schwarzkopf Gliss Ultimate Oil Elixir
Protection spray: /
Honourable mention: Directions Hair dye (review)



SKINCARE & BODY
I had some luck finding new skincare products, I'm especially happy with my new favorite face cream and budget-friendly micellar water. This year I mostly returned back to the basics and start using plain oils and ointments for my face. I tried a bunch of natural brands and was super happy with Lavera and Alverde.

Makeup remover: Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
Eye makeup remover: plain old almond oil
Toner: /
Eye cream: all kind of ointments
Face cream: Steamcream 
Face oil: still Nuxe Multiusage Dry Oil (review)
Sunscreen: Avene Cream SPF 50+ for dry sensitive skin
Body oil: Yves Rocher Monoi Dry Oil (review)
Deodorant: still Rexona Maximum protection
Body cream: /
Honourable mention: Balea Antipigment creme



NAILS
I had loads of different finishes and colors on my table, but China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy beat them all. I'm still loving my crystal nail files and  L'occitane hand cream is the only one that doesn't left my hands greasy or dry.

Nail polish: Essie Fiji (review), p2 Get Gorgeous! (review), China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy
Nail file: still crystal nail file (review)
Nail base & topcoat: Essence Gel Nails at Home
Hand cream: L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter
Honourable mention: Essie Apricot Cuticle oil



FOUNDATION & CONCEALER
I can't really point out my favorite foundation since I always go back and forth between Bourjois and Revlon Colorstay. I also ventured into trying Meow Cosmetics full-cover mineral foundation. It's a great option for hot summer days. 

Face primer: Bourjois Flower Perfection Smoothing primer (review)
Foundation: Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum (review)
Pale foundation: Stargazer White Foundation
BB Cream: Holika Holika Petit BB Watery
Powder:  Bourjois Rice Java Powder

Under-eye concealer: still SkinFood Salmon Darkcircle cream
Blemish concealer: Collection Lasting Perfection
Honourable mention: Guerlain Meteorites Powder, Meow Cosmetics Mineral foundation




BRONZER & HIGHLIGHT
Still haven't found the perfect bronzing product for my fair skintone. It's either too warm, too pigmented or too cool. Benefit Hoola is one of my staples over a year now. I generally don't like cream bronzing products but Illamasqua's Hollow is worth checking out.

All-over bronzer
: /
Contour: still Benefit Hoola
Highlighter: Topshop Crescent Moon
Honorable mention: Illamasqua pigment Hollow, Dainty Doll Money talks blusher

BLUSH:
Neutral: still Tarte Exposed (review)
Shimmery: Benefit Coralista (review)
Pink-coral: /
Cream/Liquid: Becca Beach Tint Dragonfruit
Honourable mention: /



EYES & BROWS
Essence mascaras are still my favorite despite it's short shelf life. I've been obsessed with Naked Basics and Naked 3 since it came out so I couldn't leave them out. Becca Eye Tints and Rimmel Scandaleyes have one of the best budge-proof formula's I came across.

Eye primer: Urban Decay Eden
Mascara: Essence I <3 Extreme Crazy Volume mascara
Eyeliner: Essence Waterproof Liquid eyeliner
Eye pencil: /
Brows: /
Palette: Urban Decay Naked Basics
Single eyeshadow: Becca Eye tint Gilt
Honourable mention: Urban Decay Naked 3 palette (review), Catrice Brow Designer, Rimmel Scandaleyes Paint (review)



LIPS
You know I love my lipsticks. It was really hard to narrow it down but I still managed to include some of my favorite finishes, colors and brands. Essence Stay matt lip creams are really long-wearing but will be unfortunately discontinued in spring. You can still find them on the shelves.

Lipbalm: Korres Lip Butter (review)
Most longlasting lipstick: Essence Stay Matte Lip cream
Color range: Catrice (review)
Most worn lipstick: Lioele L'cret Miracle Magic Lipstick 02 (review)
Lipgloss: Clarins Instant Lip Perfector (review)
Honourable mention: TonyMoly tint, Rimmel Apocalips, Bourjois Color Boost lipsticks, Badger lipbalms



MAKEUP BRUSHES
Sigma brushes are worth every penny in my opinion. Of course you can get cheaper alternative but nothing can beat a good set of matching brushes and excitement with amazing Sigma packages.

Eyes: Ebay dupes (goat hair) for Mac 217
Face: Sigma Extravaganza Face Kit (review)



PERFUME & OTHER
I've been pretty amazed by Yves Rocher with their high-quality perfumes. They last entire day on my skin and their range of scents is quite impressive. Etude House mist changed my beauty routine since it hides powder and adds a youthful glow.

Perfume: Yves Rocher Monoi de Tahiti (review) & Vanille CollectionOR perfume
Fixing spray: Etude House Nymph Aura Volumer Baby Glow mist



What is your favorite product of the year, if you had to choose only one?
I think I'll say....Etude Nymph Aura Volumer Mist because the concept and idea was totally out of my imagination box. I never knew a spray can change the look of the foundation in a such huge way. 

17 comments:

  1. Finally :D Sem upala, da boš napisala ta post :)
    Tale Bourjois Rice Java Powder sem sprobala že dolgo nazaj v DM in se mi je zdel tisti šimer, ki ga ima tako velik. A se na obrazu vidi al ne?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pa veš da se sploh ne vidi, razen mogoče na soncu :) Meni je prav najboljši puder ker ful polepša kožo na nek način.

      Delete
    2. Hmm... me kar mika :). Ravno raziskujem kateri puder v prahu/kamnu bi vzela. Moj Macov skin finish natural mi gre na jetra :/

      Delete
    3. A si videla da imajo na Fragrance direct znižan Becca Loose Powder? Baje je kar dober :)

      Delete
    4. Sem ga par dni nazaj gledala, samo ni najsvetlejšega odtenka :/

      Delete
  2. Čopiči izgledajo super:) Kako pa je ta Stargazer white foundation? Tega si mešaš zraven k drugim?:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, mešam ponavadi z ostalimi pudri ker so mi enostavno vsi pretemni :)

      Delete
  3. Milcellar water definitely came out this year, everyone loves it now! haha!

    Sharlotte // Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ta SkinFood concealer morem nujno sprobat. Zmeraj iščem neki, kar bo res skrilo te moje podočnjake :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just stumbled upon your blog and it's so cute. :$ I don't know if I have a favorite product, actually I think it's because I'm indecisive when it comes to these things because the products I use are all important to me in their own way. :f Also, you have a lovely lipstick collection. :O

    Sincerely, Christine from Invisible Blush

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tole zadnjo zadevo od Etudo House nujno rabim. Pa ravno mi je zmanjkalo L'Orealove micelne, izgovor za nakup te Garnierjeve. :D
    http://www.bloglovin.com/moonchildbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joj, ponesreči sem prilepila bloglovin' link :@

      Delete
  7. I wish I could get a hold of Lioele. I always here such lovely things about the brand!

    Dejhana | Waite a Little

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joj kakšne čudovite fotke! <3 Slika šmink me je pa ful nasmejala, js tok sploh vseh skupi nimam!! :P x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah I so loveeeeee the NUXE Huile Prodigieuse! it smells incredible! xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts ♥