1 Mar 2011

Bourjois: Healthy mix FOUNDATION vs. SERUM Review

Because my Healthy Mix foundation was on it's last leg, I've decided to try out the new version of Bourjois Healthy Mix.  Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum is in concept still similar to original Healthy Mix just add a gel formula and you're pretty much there. Now..onto in depth comparison!


COMPANY PROMISES 
Foundation: 
- Perfectly glowing complexion & toned skin for 16h
- Fruit therapy for radiance boosting, hydration, energy
Serum: 
- 16h radiance boosting even, revived complexion
- Vitamin rich fruit therapy
- Instant anti-fatigue, blending, undetectable coverage



PACKAGING
Foundation:
In a plastic bottle with brown pump
Serum: 
In a glass bottle, sleeker with a white pump
A bit more messy due to white pump but looks better in general
I would generally give a 1+ to Healthy Mix Foundation.


INGREDIENTS
Mostly the same but difference is in so called fruit extracts.
Foundation: apricot, melon, apple,ginger 
Serum: lychee, goji berries, pomegranate

APPLICATION
With a brush: Foundation is better
With fingers: Serum is better
Although the serum is lighter and not so thick, I do find foundation better at applying and easier to blend.
1+ to Healthy Mix Foundation

CONSISTENCY
Foundation: more thick, easier to apply, a bit more grayish but still yellow toned
Serum: lighter, almost a bit watery, gel formula , yellow toned
1+ to Healthy Mix Foundation (doesn't slip, better for applying and better match for pink undertones)


COVERAGE
Foundation: medium
Serum: sheer/medium. Definitely sheerer than foundation, company states it's a sheer coverage
1+ Healthy Mix Foundation (personal preference: I like medium coverage)

FINISH
Foundation: semi matte 
Serum: semi matte 
Both tend to be good for normal/dry skin, although oily skin shouldn't have a problem using it (oil free).
1+ for both (I like more dewy finish)


SMELL
 Bourjois Healthy mix is known by it's fruity smell. Foundations contain perfume and fruit extracts.
Foundation: much more intense smell than serum
Serum: not so intense scent and a bit different from foundation (different fruits)
1+ to Healthy Mix Foundation (because I love original scent )


OVERALL 
A winner for me is the regular Healthy Mix foundation but your last choice depends on you. There isn't such a big difference between them (price is almost the same), mainly in the consistency, coverage and packaging. I would definitely give a Healthy Mix foundation more advantage especially because I prefer higher coverage. But they are both great foundations and suitable for every day. A true staple in my stash.

16 comments:

  1. I love bourjois cosmetics ;)

    Follow me if u want:
    lady-flower123.blogspot.com
    I'm following u now ;)
    xoxo ;*

    ReplyDelete
  2. looove your blog! just followed :) thank you for the indepth review x

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you girls for your sweet comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for a very detailed review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'll be getting my healthy mix serum foundation soon! I'm so excited to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @blog-a-beaute: yaay I'm happy for you. Hope you'll like it, best drugstore foundation <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really helpful, thanks! planning to buy healthy mix tomorrow but wasn't sure which one to get :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use this foundation. Its really good it proper blends in to ur skin n looks a lot natural. Its worth it girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are genuinely impressive ideas in about blogging.
    You have touched some fastidious points here. Any way keep up
    wrinting.

    Feel free to surf to my page :: clash of clans hack no survey no password

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi there!
    thank you for your review, but can you tell me the shades that you used?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whats the shade of the serum gel foundation??

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that thanks for the valuabe information and insights you have so provided here. CBD Gummies

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. berberine 500

    ReplyDelete
  14. The keep will probable have the tanks of oxygen, the rolling carts to move the bottle round less difficult, the hoses and tubes which are used to attach the affected person to the oxygen bottle, and the face masks or nasal connections.modalert price

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thisonline brand and product naming course caters to literally everyone! Small businesses or the big guns, given that they're considerate about your business and its needs, they definitely got your back! how to take a cbd tincture

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts ♥