19 Oct 2015

MAC Lipstick Honeylove Swatch & Demo


Catchy name is already hints undeniable warm tones in this particular MAC lipstick. If you guessed correctly, I'm talking about MAC Honeylove lipstick. At first glance, it's an absolutely terrifying warm nude for fair skintone ladies. Deadly or orange is the first thing that popped into my mind too. Now let me tell you a story. I utterly avoided Honeylove until I had no other nude matte choice on a MAC counter anymore. Out of curiosity and several recommendations from fairly tanned girls, I've finally tried it on at the counter in anticipation of a total nude disaster. On my surprise, Honeylove actually still looked like a bearable nude that's not too warm or orange. It's definitely not a match made in heaven on pale skin, more likely a wonderful companion for medium skintones, but still defining and dark enough to sneak into my lipstick collection.






MAC Honeylove is not the most inviting color in the tube, but it sure is a complex little thing on different skintones. It's a definite warm nude with pink undertones that are detectable only on medium or tanned skin. It's not a concealer nude but rather a darker mix with not so prominent terracotta hue. It's a nude ginger that works rather well even on fair skintones - still, lipstick shade preference needs to be involved. If you usually stay away from such warm nudes, well...this is not  a perfect first MAC pick. Keep in mind, that on more cooler or pink based skintones it can easily look a bit too warm or orange. Popular Matte finish makes it a favourite among current trends and works beautifully with darker nude lipliners. You can easily use it as a highlighting nude in the centre of your lips. Not only that Honeylove has the cutest name, it also delivers non-drying formula and longevity worth of 5-8 hours. For such a light nude, that's a pretty spectacular longlasting effect.





I definitely do not regret purchasing Honeylove but it's still not on my Top 5 MAC list. It's subtle and easy to wear on every day basis yet not a perfect fit for my greyish-mauve overall preference. I'm still getting a lot of wear out of it since it's so uniquely warm and honey-like with a tinge of pink. It actually suits my neutral skintone and compliments my freckles. Longevity is outstanding which is just another bonus for reaching at Honeylove more frequently. And what's the most uncommon thing about it? Well, I still haven't spotted a perfect dupe for Honeylove, which is quite frankly, a little miracle. Artdeco Art Couture Classic 233 (swatched here) looks exactly the same in the tube but transfer a lot sheerer and lighter. MAC Lipsticks retail for about 21€ at MAC counters. I'm also wearing new MAC Studio Waterweight Foundation about which you can read all about here.

19 comments:

  1. What a beautiful shade for everyday, really suits you!

    alice x // beautybyalicee

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great shade, I love warmer nude shades so think i'll have to try it out! xo

    http://www.samanthasbeautyloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, na meni bi verjetno preveč ''oranžkasto'' izpadla...
    Mi je pa všeč kako izgleda s tem blushem, ki ga nosiš na fotki :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verjetno res :/ A veš da mi Snob super paše? Perfect match :)

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you swatched it and showed us what it looks like on you! I never thought an organe-peach shade would look as good as it does on fair skin. xx

    Cassie | Beauty Behind the Bar

    ReplyDelete
  5. To je bila pa ena izmed mojih prvih dveh Macovih šmink :) Didn't like it :/ Kupila sem jo ker naj bi bila popolna nude, ampak je na meni izgledala way too rjava.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Se je spomnim na tvojem blogu. Takrat je tudi sama nikoli ne bi kupila,danes sem pa pripravljena nositi kar malo več rjave kot ponavadi :D

      Delete
  6. Waw meni je zakon, ampak tak nude odtenek mi nebi pašal. In tako na prvo bi rekla da tudi tebi ne- pa izgleda res odlično!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zelo, zelo, zelloooo ti paše! In frizura tudi. Prava Parižanka :) Imam podoben odtenek, malce bolj nude, ampak je vseeno super. Zdrži noro dolgo. In kar je najpomembnejše, nimam niti malo madežev po zobeh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks lovely on you! Definitely need to add a few more to my collection!

    Hannah | Oh January

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's really pretty. Seems like something I'd wear everyday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would look perfect on your skin Coco! :)

      Delete
  10. I need it! :) To je marelično svetlejši odtenek Velvet Teddyja. Ah..gre na wish listo. Odlično ti paše :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaz sem pa padla pod vpliv Velvet Teddy-ja, končno :D Ampak sta dejansko oba nosljiva, tudi na meni.

      Delete
  11. V takšni barvi te pa nisem navajena =). Ponavadi so bolj žive barve na tvojih ustnicah, ampak tudi tale ne izgleda slabo =). Za vsak dan in za v pisarno je super =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow are your pictures absolutely incredible! I need to swatch this shade! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been wanting this lipstick for the longest time but haven't picked it up for some reason. Sometimes I feel like I have so many lipsticks but I always reach for the same ones, I think I'll get this once I finish up a lipstick.

    http://perfectshadeofmauve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lep odtenek, menim da ti paše :)

    x, Katja
    http://stylish-flower.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow this is such a lovely color on you. i recently purchased my first MAC lipstick and i just love the quality!

    xoxo Emily
    http://www.ditchtheheels.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts ♥