12 Aug 2015

Why You should Try Lip Oil Tints


I've been eyeing lip oils ever since I've first heard about them from Clarins and YSL. Painfully priced Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil (I've mentioned it here) didn't really deliver what I was expecting from so-called lip oils. I've imagined them to be super comfortable, light and way more nourishing than a regular lip balm. While Clarins is comfortable, it's heavy (almost sticky) texture doesn't appeal to me as much as I would like. It's pleasant but bordering between a lipgloss and a lip oil. YSL Tint In Oil sound promising but the price point might just kill your new oil enthusiasm. After hearing all praises about amazing Clarins & YSL concept, I secretly thought to myself: ''Now, if there's already a European version of lip oil, there must be already tons of lip oils on Korean market by now.'' There's no coincidence I was right as Korea is after all, the leading beauty market for innovative new products. The Saem Eco Soul Tint In Oil appealed to me the most with cute packaging (think Dior Fluid Stick), 5 vegetable seed oils for true nourishment, 6 unique shades and eco friendly concept. 




The Saem Eco Soul Tint In Oil (4g at 9,98$, Jolse, FREE worldwide shipping) comes in a heavy and sturdy packaging with simple but beautiful design. With constant use I don't have any problems with spilling and it's still safely rolling in my handbag. As I've mentioned, there are 6 shades to choose from (check all shades here) - my absolute first pick was PP01 Wild Berry. On the pictures, it looks like a warm toned straight up medium purple that absolutely captivated me. Surprisingly in person, it's a much more toned down pink purple almost bordering on a fuchsia hot pink but having a tendency to look purple under certain angle. It doesn't have any shimmer or glitter particles. What I love the most is semi translucency and lightweight formula. This is not a bold lip product in any way, rather just an even lip tint with a benefit of super nourishing oil film. Formula is clearly a match made in heaven and lip glosses are truly a blast from the past. If you love regular lip tints, you will absolutely adore this. It applies as a nourishing true-in-texture oil with a tint. Lips look super juicy and soft while oil starts to slowly disappear with hours. After 3 hours or so you're left with the most even stain. Stain itself prolongs wear for additional few hours. I didn't have any issues with transfering over my lip line which was my main concern with lip oils.



This has been my go-to lip product for work days. It's nourishing, comfortable, fuss-free and easy to apply with a heart shaped applicator. I truly can't seem to find an obvious flaw other than lips might feel slightly uncomfortable/irritated at the end of the day (if you don't constantly re-apply oily film). Stain is a beautiful cooler pink-purple while oil smells like grape gummy bears. I utterly enjoy this unique concept and if you're planning to save a bit of money, The Saem Eco Soul Tint In Oil is a perfect example for a truly wonderful lip oil. You can buy Korean makeup bits online on Jolse.com where they also ship for free worldwide. Jolse is also on Ebay if you're feeling more secure buying items there.

14 comments:

  1. wow, you look so gorgeous I must try one of theses tints, thanks for the review and tips <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shade suits you incredibly well! The only lip oils I had known of were the YSL ones that I've always wanted to try out but knew I would never pay such a hefty price tag so I'm super excited to see this one from The Saem. I've been really into Korean skincare and beauty stuff recently so I'll add another product on my list of stuff to try :)

    eightbitbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luškana <3 Tole bi mi znalo biti všeč.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this color looks amazing! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only time i've ever used a Lip Oil was a nourishing clear one from Cowshed but this is the first time i've heard of coloured ones so this definitely sounds good! x
    http://onthehs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never thought of consulting the Korean market for beauty products. I always assumed the shipping cost would make it just as pricey as the highstreet! This is such a gorgeous colour though, I might have to take a closer look!

    Jess
    Philocalist.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard so many great things about these types of products!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luškana embalaža, pa takšni odtenki ti res pašejo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never heard of lip oil. Thanks for your review of Clarins. The Saem lip product looks good on you. Such a pretty pink!

    xoxo Emily
    http://www.ditchtheheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, what an amazing colour! The formula sounds really beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dobra objava, res lep odtenek in pa svetovne fotografije.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wau, kako lep odtenek, si me čisto navdušila!
    pa vidim da je obema všeč yankee candle pink sand, top ane? :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts ♥