24 May 2015

MAC Creme Cup Review & Dupes


Creme Cup, an iconic lipstick from MAC. As a younger sister of MAC Angel, it delivers youthful pastel pink with a comfortable Cremesheen finish. All hype around Angel made me second-guess Creme Cup as I wasn't too keen on Angel anyway. Somehow, I was convinced I don't need both, especially not after selling dupable Angel. Furthermore, detailed inspection in the store made me rethink quite light Creme Cup. Indeed, Creme Cup is nothing like Angel yet it's doubtfully similar, but still a better pick for fair skintones. Let me tell you why...


MAC Creme Cup is definitely an eye catcher if you love pink nudes. With a defining pink base and lightened neutral nude property, it's a no brainer. It's like a delicate pastel pink porcelain, vibrant enough to suit any lighter skintones yet cute at the core. In the bullet, it's a perfect neutral pink while it transfers a bit cooler and lighter. In my experience, Creme Cup is what I was looking in MAC Angel. It's light enough for my fair skintone, while it leaves pink hue that's not overpowering the nude effect. Angel was way more medium pink on my skin rather than ''neutral pink nude'' that I was looking for. Talking about Angel...do you need both? Probably not, you should rather pick other shades instead. Keep in mind, Creme Cup is better suited for lighter skintones, while Angel is universally flattering but definitely not a must have ''pink nude'' on fair ladies. Cremesheen formula makes the whole experience a bit more pleasant with creamy rich texture but still pigmented color. Lipstick feels nourishing yet it lasts a decent amount of time. While the color itself looks quite common and I was pre-excited to match a perfect dupe, I had difficulties finding a close shade.



POSSIBLE DUPES & ALTERNATIVES

Right now, I don't own any close dupes for MAC Creme Cup. You could maybe find a similar color in extensive Catrice range, while I don't own anything similar from European drugstores. Though, there is an alternative to Creme Cup in the UK. Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Crayon in Bashful (around 10€) leaves a similar color with multiple layers. It has a glossier finish and the color itself is slightly pinker and warmer. Also, Korean makeup is filled with dupes for MAC lipsticks. In this particular case, Lioele Dollish Lipstick in #6 (around 8€) is a lovely dupe for MAC Angel (another reason I got rid of Angel in the first place). It's close to Creme Cup, but has a darker pink base, exactly the same as Angel.


If you already own a tons of different ''neutral nude pinks'', then you probably don't need Creme Cup. It's flattering on almost every skintone and if you're still searching for the right balance between nude and pink, Creme Cup is definitely a good try. Personally, I think I was delaying purchase for too long. It's not the most unique shade you'll be seeing but a good firm staple for every day. MAC lipsticks retail around 19,50€ in Europe. 

14 comments:

  1. Such a refreshing light shade :)
    xx
    Maliha Rao / Red Alice Rao

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous colour and I love your dupes!!!

    Serene xoxo

    http://www.imserenel.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Se popolnoma strinjam s tabo - Creme Cup in Angel nista dupe. Ko sem ju sprobavala na roki, sta mi izgledala dosti drugačna, saj je Angel na meni kar hladen roza odtenek. Ljudje imajo preveč radi besedo dupe :/
    Čisto preveč pozabljam na ta odtenek, sem vedno imela raje Hue :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Hue je čudovita, sem jo imela dolgo časa na wishlisti ampak sem se bala da ne bo prekrivna. Sem jo ravno zadnjič kupila - shame on me. Sem googlala in našla tudi tvoje swatche :D

      Delete
  4. Creme Cup is so beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful shade and such a classic!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this shade but the dupes you found are perfect. I think that's what puts me off investing in mac because there are so many products out there offering the same shades at a lower price point.

    Jess
    Philocalist.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always loved the look of Creme Cup but I am always worried that it won't suit me as pale pinks never do for some reason. But next time I'm in MAC I will have to test it out. Lovely post and especially love how you included some alternative options for the lipstick! xx

    Beauty Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE creme cup. Everytime I'm in mac I pick up a lipstick I like the look of - then realise it's creme cup. I'll be wearing it forever xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your dupes! And as a fellow creme cup lover I've got to agree, it's such a lovely natural baby pink shade - Especially if applied with your fingers :)

    Meg ♡
    http://meg-riley.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a pretty pink, but as you said, there are dupes out there so it's not a must-lipstick. Loved the Liole shade! It's a little bit more colorful.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous shades and great dupes, thank you for sharing.
    P.S. Absolutely love your blog and the layout.

    Sam|| Beautydetour

    ReplyDelete
  12. MAC Creme Cup miałam ją w dniu swojego ślubu:)))))))) piękny kolor!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts ♥