18 Apr 2014

Benefit Rockateur Blush Review, Swatches


Benefit blushes are one of the cutest things ever. I already reviewed some of them  here
My recent addition was Rockateur thanks to my friend Charlene from US, who made it possible to get it under 35€ for what they retail in Europe. 
I'm pretty confident my favorite blush brand is Benefit. Coralista and Hoola are already staples in my collection and Rockateur is not that far behind. Rockateur looks absolutely stunning in the pan before first application but the outside packaging is just tacky and practically...ugly. 
Unfortunately, overspray gets slowly used and you're left with almost boring looking orange-bronze shade. You would think this color is a horror for pale skin but the sheer side makes it work!
 It's actually one of my top blushes now. 



Color itself is hard to describe. It's a muted mix of rose, peach, bronze and pink highlighter. It's almost duochrome in certain lights and gives a luminous finish to your cheeks with micro-pink sparkles. 
Finish is not too shimmery and not matte. Gives a lovely fresh color yet it acts like sculpting powder.
I would definitely recommend it to dry skin types, but not too sure about oily and really deep/tan skin tones.
Texture is buttery as always and a bit sheer which makes it perfect for building up the color.
Smells really fresh and fragrant, I want to sniff it all day long (but still not better than Bella Bamba).
I also like angle-cut soft brush that it comes in the box.


All in all it's a truly unique blush. If you already own Coralista, Bella Bamba or Sugarbomb this is a new must for you. It's just not worth those 35€ but I can justify 30$ price tag.
 Sadly, Benefit doesn't ship to some (most east) EU countries from FeelUnique, LookFantastic so you're practically left only with Ebay or their official Benefit site. Which is totally unfair, Benefit. Why are we treated as second-hand customers? No need to talk about their duality for animal cruelty either. 
 I don't want to love Benefit so much but their products just deliver and they're top notch.

9 comments:

  1. Kako je lep na tebi! Super ti paše :) Kožo imaš pa perfektno :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ful ti paše. In tvoji lasje, krasni so. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blush looks so lovely (: May have to give it a try xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always swatch this when I'm at the Benefit counter & I love how pretty it is. I really need to treat myself to it. I think I would get a lot of wear out of it
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had this on my wishlist for so long, it's such a pretty shade!

    boho vanity ♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh krasna si, res si paše ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh kako si lepa, ful ti paše! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. krasen je ♥ in ful ti paše ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wauw that looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts ♥