29 Mar 2014

Avene Soothing Hydrating Serum Review

I use serums for adding that extra hydration. 
They suppose to sink in the skin faster and help with deeper skin layers
I normally reach out for more natural skincare but I already know Avene is perfect for sensitive skin due to my ''skin operation'' in the past. 
I had a major skin issue/scar around my neck so dermatologist recommended Avene Cicalfate Restorative  Skin cream with Avene's thermal water for helping out with healing and against scaring.
 My scars healed perfectly after operation with everyday usage (I was commanded so I stick to it). 
Since having a good experience with Avene, I was really excited to try out Avene Soothing Hydrating Serum.



Serum comes in a cute glass bottle with a good pump.
 Contains 30ml of product and you generally need only a pump or two of product per day.
Product itself is a milky translucent color and sinks into the skin quickly
When you apply serum it feels kind of sticky at first but when it sinks in you can't really feel it anymore.
It's quite hydrating as it states and I did notice improvement on my dry cheeks and flaky nose.
 Usually my nose flakes terribly but I'm pretty confident this serum helped me with the issue.
 I usually use thick, heavy creams which do help a bit but aren't so effective as the serum alone.
You can check out the ingredients list yourself.
 I like the fact that thermal spring water is high on the ingredient hierarchy.


Overall, Avene is a great French brand that never disappoints sensitive skin.
Dermatologist recommended me Avene and Eucerin products especially for sensitive skin and scars so that's another positive feedback. 
 Serum is also paraben free and hypo-allergenic.
 Avene helped tremendously and healed my skin without any scaring. 
Serum also helped with my dry skin but final results will be shown after a longer period. 
I could easily recommend this product to oily skin to perk up skin after aggressive treatments.
 
You can easily get Avene and other French brands (La-Roche Posay, Vichy, Nuxe, Caudalie...) on Escentual with worldwide shipping. They currently have SALE on french brands for 1/3 off the original price in March so hurry up to stock on. And yes, I'm currently ordering a new batch of skincare - I need Nuxe Reve de Miel lipbalm since they don't stock it here anymore.

What's your favorite french product? Any recommendations? Do you like Avene?

2 comments:

  1. Tudi meni so Avene izdelki, pač tisti ki sme jih preizkusila, všeč. Res so dobri za občutljivo kožo. Thumbs up za vodo v spreju, losjon za čiščenje zelo občutljive kože, trenutno pa preizkušam njihovo Ystheal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nisem vedela, da je Avene zasnovana za občutljivo kožo. Je imela mama eno kremo in bi jo definitivno "kradla", če bi vedea:) Moram nujno kaj preizkusiti:) Serum se sliši super še za mojo mešano kožo:)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts ♥